• Worried
  • Wtf
  • Yeehaw

Thread: Gonna be 40 in a month....makes me sad

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Unhappy Gonna be 40 in a month....makes me sad

I will be 40 on Dec 3. This makes me sad. Why? Because at 40, don't feel like have accomplished much. One thing I really even wanted was my own family and children, that doesn't look like will happen anytime soon. Spent last 12 years trying to battle PTSD and Depression and Anxiety. Out of those 12 years, been off on medical leave several times, months at a time. Last boyfriend I had was in 2007, whom I broke up with because I couldn't handle being intimate with him. And now am triggered even more with any door slamming. People tell me it gets better. And I want to hang on to that and believe that is true, but right now there doesn't seem to be light at end of tunnel.

Account Closed
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Re: Gonna be 40 in a month....makes me sad

I'm sorry to hear that you feel that way… I don't know what else to say except I hope you can get through what you need to get through and find something that can help you feel better about yourself!

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Hey,I know how you feel as I'm 40 in march and I just feel a failure. Like you I thought I'd have my own family but I now know I won't,still hurts tho.Just try not to think about It too much,sucks tho when you feel mental illness has robbed you of the life you shoulda had.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

I had a family, great life, awesome job helping others (public safety), lost it all.
      everyone tells me to start over, but i will be 40 in a few months and that is not something that you can just do like in any easy way or in a reasonable amount of time, I mean, I was single until I was 26! I was fortunate to have had a family on round one, and I just do not even begin to think that i even have the time left to try as i have health issues (heart and others) from previous attemps.
      So I am left with the questions; throw in my hand, or believe that I'll be lucky enough for a second round?
      I live in an area that is a major tourist area, know most locals that frequent the area clubs, and "in my previous life" as a public servant, most of them would not give me the time of day, and previous to my ex-wife, I tried the online dating thing, and it was a wild experience, met great people, but it seems online dates are not usually looking for a serious relationship, and being a hopeless romantic hetero male, it's just not a hot commodity.... choices, choices?

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

I don't know how I'll feel 16 moths from now, can't say I'm looking forward to it. The way I'm feeling right now I have a hard time believing it will be good but I guess I'll find out IF I get there.
      Now remember, when things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you got to get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean! Cause if you lose your head and you give up, then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is. - Clint Eastwood in Outlaw Josey Wales :gun: