• Thinking
  • Tired
  • Twisted
  • Veggedout
  • Worried
  • Wtf
  • Yeehaw
  • Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: EU migration in the UK, good thing or bad thing?

is fine, just fine.

I am:
      Lurking

Re: EU migration in the UK, good thing or bad thing?

I have no problem with most immigrants as individuals, I know why they come here, because they want a better life for themselves and family, and I certainly do not support the BNP style policies of kicking them all out or paying them to leave, but I think immigration should really be stopped for about 20 years with the exception of people from the British Isles and people who have ancestral links to the UK. I can never help but feel a bit angry when I pass through certain areas in the city where there people have simply not integrated into the mainstream culture and have turned where they live into ghettos that resemble the countries they supposedly wanted to get away from. I don't know if I'm angry at them or angry at local councils for allowing this to go on, particularly as some of these areas are council estates.

I'm also sick and tired of the myth that we need immigrants. This was true after World War II when we started to 'import' workers from other countries (like the West Indies etc) to help the economy to recover, those workers and their children/grandchildren/etc have as much right to be here as any ethnic British person, but nowadays, we have a population of nearly 70 million people and over one million in youth employment, more when you take into account the other people who are unemployed. There's also a recent problem with there not being enough places in primary and secondary schools for everybody. Japan has the second (or third?) best economy in the world, yet they have the strictest immigration policy in the world which is based mostly on citizenship and ancestry, so I really have doubts that immigrants are as essential as politicians claim.

Most British youth (16-25) aren't "lazy" as people like to think, some are, but many are just not given the chance to prove themselves. Employers are also denying the reasons they employ immigrants/EU workers, they claim they are "hard working" - this is true, but we all know it's because they will work for less than Britons. I guess this is one of the flaws of capitalism, though, it's great when it produces good results, but you can't deny it encourages mass greed in the pursuit of making more profit in any possible way, ethical or not.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Cameron has pledged to lower immigration but it will all be lies as usual. Fiddle whatever bullshit set of stats which when needed will back up there pledge.There's no way of turning the tide back now plus the government always come out with " the number of people coming to the uk every year is not much different to the number of Brits who leave" you'll never get the truth out of lying fuck politicians.

This user has no status.

I am:
      Cheerful

Quote Originally Posted by Angerfist View Post
      David cameron talks big constantly about controlling immigration in the UK, but he cant. He is consistently talking about how mass migration from eastern europe is good for the economy, does anyone actually agree with him?

Their are currently almost 3 million unemployed in the UK, so im not gonna say what i really think as i will come across as racist.
      see, so many people blame immigrants for taking the jobs and there is a good deal of jobs being given to immigrants because they accept lower pay and will work in worse conditions, i know, i was fired once to make room for immigrant workers....
      That aside, i have also seen how amazingly utterly f*cking lazy most british are. i mean they all want the pay but noone wants to do any work nowadays.
      I have been into large companies and seen my old boss offer 26,000 cash for a relatively simple job in making up some welded frames, he was continously messed around and told they couldnt do the job. He eventually found someone willing to do the work after 6 weeks of searching.
      I have had lads working for me that within an hour of EASY work have started complaining that they need a coffee break because theyre tired, then within another half hour asked to go home. I've had lads cry because ive ordered them to do a job properly because they only do half-arsed attempts in the first place! The youth nowadays (plus many of the older folk) need to go on some sort of course which shows them the benefits of a hard days graft.
      I have seen so much laziness in the british population, which is why sometimes i have no sympathy when they complain.
      There are lads out there that want to graft and get the job done, but unfortunately they are now few and far between. People would rather sit on facebook all day and live of benefits.

To think some immigrants leave their homeland, start with nothing and soon build themselves a life in a foreign country, learning to speak the language and open businesses.... good for them, not many brits would do the same!
      'i dont want millions, i want answers to my questions'
      EVERYTHING I SAY IS MERELY MY OPINION....IF YOU DONT LIKE IT PLEASE SEND A POSTCARD WITH YOUR REASONING TO THE DEPARTMENT OF LEPUFOLOGY (PLEASE SPECIFY 'FAO POOKAH RESEARCH STAFF')

This user has no status.

I am:
      Cheerful

People also forget we ourselves are a nations of immigrants. since time began we've been a mongrel race of a large variety of europeans. Not only that but it was immigrants that rebuilt the UK after the wars. People need to think long and hard about the full picture before going along with what most people think.
      'i dont want millions, i want answers to my questions'
      EVERYTHING I SAY IS MERELY MY OPINION....IF YOU DONT LIKE IT PLEASE SEND A POSTCARD WITH YOUR REASONING TO THE DEPARTMENT OF LEPUFOLOGY (PLEASE SPECIFY 'FAO POOKAH RESEARCH STAFF')

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Why people attack the people coming in is beyond me? It's the amounts that are allowed in that's the problem(ie, laws).

I also think the UK,(in regards to crap work ethics), has allowed an abuse of workers under the guise of "agencies". It's extremely difficult for workers to get hired, you have to work 4-6 weeks first with an agency before they'll release you to the company. And the agency has, by right of law, the ability to shift from one job to the next on a day to day buisness. They don't usually go to that extreme, but it levels out at, people get hired for some work, but get bounced around alot. Lack of commitment on both ends from the workers and companies.

As far as immigrants go? They work just as hard as everyone else, except they have a personal drive that's a bit foriegn to some british people. No offense, just an observation. Some think, meh I can work for nothing, or I can fall back on benifits. That comfort zone kinda lets them go laxidazy.
      Plus.. no offense, but ask some people in britian. Whats the point? Do they trust or respect their governemt? Do they feel their culture? Do they feel rights are imbalanced. ect ect. The uk has some pretty big community connection issues. You guys constantly slag eachother off, but it's really funny, cause it's the exact samething from everyone else. But the person who says it, isnt what they say apparently. Kinda says you guys have to fuck everythign off because no one listens to you or you keep getting backstabbed.

But yeah.. jobs are difficult to find. There's alot of reasons, alot of fuck ups that have been allowed to start and become acceptable. Defiantly need to take into consideration how many people you let into a country. It kinda goes without say.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

The same thing is happening here in the US, I had no idea it was just as bad across the pond too.
      I have a moral code;

If you are hungry, I will offer food.
      If you are thirsty, I will offer water.
      If you are cold, I will offer warmth.
      If you are in need, ask and I will give.
      If you are in trouble, ask and I will help.

I do not do these things in the hopes of being rewarded.
      I do not do these things out of fear of punishment.
      I do these things because I know them to be right.

I set my own standards and I alone enforce them.
      I am an Atheist.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by bhawk View Post
      That aside, i have also seen how amazingly utterly f*cking lazy most british are. i mean they all want the pay but noone wants to do any work nowadays.
      To think some immigrants leave their homeland, start with nothing and soon build themselves a life in a foreign country, learning to speak the language and open businesses.... good for them, not many brits would do the same!
      Wow sweeping statement,most British people are utterly lazy,and you've based that on your experience of how many people exactly?
      I keep hearing about how people would rather live on benefits as if there is some swanky life style to be had on that pittance,I think the majority of claimants are people that were failed by the education system,people with low self esteem who feel like they've nothing to offer.
      Those immigrants leave their homeland,flock to London and live 20 deep in a house so it's no wonder they can work for less. We don't live like that in this country,we grew up aspiring to have our own homes like our parents before us. Perhaps we need to start living like your heroes so we can afford to work for low wages too. I used to have a two hour journey each way into London everyday when I worked in partitioning on top of my days work,I had to pay petrol and pay my rent on my own. I didn't have 19 people chipping in on the rent with me.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Oh the uk has issues with alot of minorities and religious groups. The difference between america and the uk is the size/respect for your culture. Imo. Over here, there's a extreme clash in some parts between british people and muslims. It's a bit different because over here, there's in one sense, a culture crisis here. Middle eastern culture "taking" over(in actual sense, popping up and spreading) parts of the uk. They have loads of slang terms for places, like one place called Bradford. Some call it Bradistan because of a large muslim pressence.

There's just a lot of .. issues. Some people come to the uk, and expect the uk to let them do anything. IE, some extreme religious practices. Most people come here whom are religious practice freely and rightly, but some people in the uk hate seeing a women in a burkla(burga?idk). They feel invaded by the sheer numbers, and I can kinda see their point. No offense to anyone. But the intregration of this amount of people and a culture was done too quickly. There's alot of crap racism. And tbh some people really take the piss. But the problem is its the few that take the piss that spark outrage over here, and suddenly that whole group is buggered.
      Meh the uks fucked. Her leader is a perfect leader to line up the next leader, and the next. But besides that, all he does is keep the country afloat. I dont particularly think he inspires the England, and I don't see any patriotic spirit in the british. Except funnily enough, in the people that are considered racist.

It's a shit storm

*edit*

Quote Originally Posted by Mark101 View Post
      Wow sweeping statement,most British people are utterly lazy,and you've based that on your experience of how many people exactly?
      I keep hearing about how people would rather live on benefits as if there is some swanky life style to be had on that pittance,I think the majority of claimants are people that were failed by the education system,people with low self esteem who feel like they've nothing to offer.
      Those immigrants leave their homeland,flock to London and live 20 deep in a house so it's no wonder they can work for less. We don't live like that in this country,we grew up aspiring to have our own homes like our parents before us. Perhaps we need to start living like your heroes so we can afford to work for low wages too. I used to have a two hour journey each way into London everyday when I worked in partitioning on top of my days work,I had to pay petrol and pay my rent on my own. I didn't have 19 people chipping in on the rent with me.
      That's the kicker. Apparnetly it changed this year? But it was you get out of a school at 16... Common. You're a kid at 16. Minimum wage doesnt kick in till your 17. They kill you on insurance. Getting a driving license costs around 500 pound overall. Some people really feel the benifit system is the only way they can live.

It was stupid. I don't know if it's like this now but.. You make your kids grow up tofast. Some feel the weight of the world at 10 when they're talking about planning your life. They dont give a shit. Not really inspired to give a shit imo. There's just a complete cultural disconnection on all levels. You guys call people chavs. Well.. sure. There are some fuck nuts here. But the more you call them, the more you give that sorta "title" meaning and power. Which does wonders for someone who doesnt give a shit about life and see's atleast he can be "something". Init?
      Last edited by SBlake; 21st November 2011 at 11:18 PM.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

whoops dp

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by bhawk View Post
      see, so many people blame immigrants for taking the jobs and there is a good deal of jobs being given to immigrants because they accept lower pay and will work in worse conditions, i know, i was fired once to make room for immigrant workers....
      I have been into large companies and seen my old boss offer 26,000 cash for a relatively simple job in making up some welded frames, he was continously messed around and told they couldnt do the job. He eventually found someone willing to do the work after 6 weeks of searching.
      I have had lads working for me that within an hour of EASY work have started complaining that they need a coffee break because theyre tired, then within another half hour asked to go home. I've had lads cry because ive ordered them to do a job properly because they only do half-arsed attempts in the first place! The youth nowadays (plus many of the older folk) need to go on some sort of course which shows them the benefits of a hard days graft.
      I have seen so much laziness in the british population, which is why sometimes i have no sympathy when they complain.
      There are lads out there that want to graft and get the job done, but unfortunately they are now few and far between. People would rather sit on facebook all day and live of benefits.

Wow, just wow. You pay peanuts you will get monkeys, its that simple. Most small businesses have had to fold because they cannot compete with the large companies who solely recruit from the EU. Tesco's for example only recruit from poland. Simple fact is migrants from the EU live 20 or more per house and therefore can afford to take lower wages. People who live here however cannot. Its down to 2 choices at the moment, get a job and get made homeless or stay on benefits. It is the fault of migration because it is migration that has forced wages down for skilled jobs. Thats also not the fault of the migrants either. The fault lies with the fickle government in this country who pander to faceless EU bureaucrats.
      First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.