1 3.70%
    • Iran

18 66.67%
    • North Korea

2 7.41%
    • Other

5 18.52%
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who will the US go to war with next?

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Who will the US go to war with next?

I have to go with Iran. I mean you look at what has been on recently as far as Iran threatening the US to keep their air craft carrier away from global waters is just a begining. However I think it is a bluff. The US said they wouldnt allow Iran to block any waterways or tell them not to do routine passbys. I don't see Iran making a war out of that. I think the reason they end up going to war is over nuclear weapons. Iran says it is for energy... well I doubt that. The US stated they won't allow nuclear weapons in Iran and would have to go defend Isreal. And would do whatever they had to do to get them out.

I also think they go to war 3-6 years from now.
      "We're surrounded? Good, now we can kill the bastards in any direction." ~ Colonel Lewis B. "Chesty" Puller; Korean War

Our enemies have made the mistake that America’s enemies always make. They saw liberty and thought they saw weakness. And now, they see defeat.
      - George W. Bush, President of the United States

9-11-01 l l | |

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Re: Who will the US go to war with next?

I've been dying to hear what the average american knows about iran. Considering how so many people know and agree that Iran is an unstable country and needs international intervention in their matters. Though I'm sure there is a laundry list of historical events that would have at the time justified war with Iran from an outside perspective... It's too bad international stability comes with an "acceptable" degree of bullshit. It's too bad cause they dance with the word and "reality" of war which effects everyone, and I wouldn't trust any justification for it. War's never a solution, that's just saying you're better when really you havent the brains to solve the situation without going to war. Unless it's all part of someones game, which is ... blah. I hate world politics. Too many lives involved

Banned
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

I actually don't see the US going to war with anyone in the near future, but things change. I think Russia will rid itself of Putin soon easing tensions between US and Russia, but even if they dont, I find it hard to believe Russia and US would go to war with direct fighting when there was the cold war and less was on the line now then back then. US needs Pakistan too much to go to war with them and if there was going to be a war Pakistan has the nuke and are willing to use it, thats always a major deterint for US invasion. I think that scenario is more likely to involve an India/Pakistan war rather then a US led war. India really hates Pakistan and if it came to war, I am sure they would be willing to do the dirty work more then the US would. As for Iran and North Korea, again like Pakistan has nuclear capablity and are willing to use it, unless they do something crazy like Iran attacking Israel or North Korea attacking South Korea, we are looking at the same standstill we had for decades with Iran getting sanctions and North Korea getting bribed for not killing anybody in South Korea. There is a couple of other options China but we owe to much money and that would triger WWIII, I don't see that happening soon maybe a few decades down the line but not now. The only other choice is maybe, maybe Syria with a UN or NATO coliation led by the US, but honestly our goverment dosen't really seem to mind what Syria is doing right now so I dont see that happening either, although if the oppurtunity arose to take out the Syrian goverment, they may take it. Overall I dont see any military action by the US anytime soon, but the situation could always change.

Under Moderation
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

I cant imagine the US going to another big war like Iran, but then again I did not think the US was going to invade Iraq

Under Moderation
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Mars.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by Mortal Moon View Post
      Mars.
      yes, those uppity martians need to be taught a damn good lesson! Now go up there and GIVE THEM DEMOCRACY and consumerism etc. I hope the US doesnt go to war with anyone, they should concentrate on fixing the problems at home first, before rampaging around the planet, again -_-. All that money spent on weapons etc could be better spent on other things. Personally though, if i had to guess, I would say China, since they have a military space program it seems, so the next major conflict could very well be in space, marines on the moon yo HOORAH xD
      I must not fear.
      Fear is the mind-killer.
      Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
      I will face my fear.
      I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
      And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
      Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
      Only I will remain.

I am the only South African on SF :blub:

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Iran's saber rattling about how they can easily close the Straight of Hormuz (sp?) has more than one country rattled into taking precautionary measures such as sending military ships into the area. It's a matter of how far Iran decides to push the issue.
      I have attempted suicide twice. Since I have to live, I don't do strong anymore. I ask God to be my strength because He succeeds where I cannot. -- Chargette

"So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." Romans 10:17

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Belgium. Waffle War 1, they will call it.

Under Moderation
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by windlepoons View Post
      Belgium. Waffle War 1, they will call it.
      In true American style, though, it will only be because we confused them for the Netherlands.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

So instead of stroopwafels they will get Luikse wafels? Boy will those troops be disappointed...