Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: RIP Sherry

Re: RIP Sherry

Thank you all for your thoughts and kind words. The funeral and memorial services will be held Friday and I promised the family I would sing for them. I am really regretting this decision as I am not sure it is something I will be able to do. I am hating myself for not having the strength to admit to them that I cannot do her justice. I cannot distance myself enough to get through this. I wish it had been me.

Gentlelady

You might not do it justice but i don't think that will matter much as you think....

i used to sing long ago when i was much younger.... i could say more.... but... i did not enjoy singing and performing before a crowd as it didnt make me happy
    [i had a hard time noticing if people even knew there was troubling portions of the songs... seems i helped my group compete just because i was the only adimated and smiling]

i am not sure people know what the difference is

but i do know that i would never want that you should change places with someone so harmed... as hard as you wish to switch i choose to wish the opposite as hard as i can in hopes you get my wish and no switching happens...

sending you hope and closeness...
    if your words are sung your message of love will be sent
    suzy

Gentlelady

No regrets - I understand your thoughts - but have no regrets. Your presence alone will be comforting. Doing her justice is just being there and trying. Sometimes, at certain moments, inner strength appears out of nowhere. Your strength is evident. Don't worry about the what ifs, just being there for Sherry is enough, try to accept that.