Thread: How can I stop the website from automatically logging me out?

How can I stop the website from automatically logging me out?

Any time I take too long trying to reply to something, when I finally try to post it, I find that the website has logged me out. This is getting quite frustrating. Obviously it's a sign that my posts are way too long, a fact of which I am already well aware, but it's making me wonder why I bother trying to post at all. I looked for an option where I can change the amount of inactivity time before the website automatically logs me off, but if it exists, I can't find it. Also, I'm not going to let the website "remember" me on this computer because I don't want to be remembered.

(Actually, I just don't want anyone else who uses this computer to know about my account here, on the off chance that they might navigate to this site for some reason)

Okay, I'd better just stop babbling and post this before I get forcefully logged out against my will...

Re: How can I stop the website from automatically logging me out?

The logout time is set to 15 min, this is a forum wide setting and can't be changed on a per memeber base.
    Put on your happy smile so the world doesnít see you cry,
    Be talkative so they wonít ask whatís wrong,
    Donít cry, donít break down youíre not allowed to do that,

Stop shaking they wonít understand,

Put on your mask; hide so much of who you are,

Bury it all and become so fake, then your ready to face the world another day.

The only way I know of to fix that is to check the box to keep you logged in, but I realize why you don't want to do that. You can use copy and paste to get everything into your clipboard before you post. That way, even if it does log you out, you've still got everything and can post it once you log back in.

15 minutes? Dang. I'm going to have to learn to type faster.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up. Guess I'll by using my clipboard for every long post from now on. Or maybe I shouldn't bother, as 99% of people ignore long posts anyway.

Note to self: if it takes longer than 15 minutes to type, nobody is going to read it.