A lot of people have a concern about their weight. There are many good reasons for this concern but to me the most important two are general health and perhaps more importantly self image. I am creating this thread to give POSITIVE MOTIVATIONAL SUPPORT to those that want to try to take a step toward achieving a goal towards that end. This is not a place for people with eating disorders such as anorexia, there is an entire forum devoted to that already.
1) The Basic concept is based upon the Weight Watchers practice of a weekly weigh in. It simply enables you to maintain focus on a goal, receive positive reinforcement when it is going well, and motivational support when it is not. Criticism of any type toward a fellow poster will be deleted.
2) Share your goal in a simple format - Goal -35 lbs this week lost 2 (or gained 3 or whatever) overall - lost 8 - as an example. you can share more if you like such as height and weight, but no reason or need to if you don't want to. Your goal can be a current or short term goal - maybe you would like ideally to lose 100 lbs, you can certainly choose a goal of 25 first and then set a new goal when it is accomplished. That is entirely up to you, the goal is your goal, not a medical or BMI chart somewhere.
3) Roughly once a week weigh yourself and post your goal , weekly gain or loss, and overall. Every Friday, Monday - whatever day you choose. Miss a week? Feel like doing it after 5 days? Okay, no problems share as you like. The purpose is absolutely not to embarrass - it is is to get motivation in a positive way or congratulations for a good job. Skipping posting on the bad weeks or exaggerating, hiding results will not be of much help - it is during the bad weeks that most of us need the support and motivation. It is also nice to hear of good results sometimes to make us all see it is possible. While you are posting your results, I would urge you to give a shout out to some of the recent posters to offer your support or motivation.
4) All goals and results can be posted in your local format (pounds, kilograms,stone, etc). You can change your goal anytime you want. If you want to add a target date some find that helpful, if you do not that is fine. If you do and want to adjust it that is fine. If your target day and goal would indicate an unhealthy or unsafe weight loss then you may be told so.
5) This is not a contest- large goals or tiny goals all receive equal respect. 6 lbs by the wedding in 8 weeks is just as important as 100 lbs in 1 year and vice versa.
6) If you have a plan or idea that you intend to try and want to share it feel free. So long as it does not seem unsafe it will be fine (plan to stop eating is not safe and subject to mod edit). Tips or ideas are fine but do not actively criticize.
7) Please no links to pay programs or the like, anything that appears to be spam in nature at all will be deleted.
8) Anybody can give support or motivation, no need to be an active weigh in to offer support or motivation.