• Yeehaw
  • Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why is my dad such an asshole

Under Moderation
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Why is my dad such an asshole

he just called me to tell me he read somehwere that the city I am currently living is ranked as one of the 3 healthiest cities in America, this is after he knows I am pretty unhealthy both physically and mentally

Why would he do that, he laughed after he told me this and said "you must be pretty healthy"

And the rest of the conversation I could hear him trying to contain his laughter as I bet my asshole brother was sitting there laughing with him

Why are they such assholes, these people are the reason I am in the sorry state I am in

I was feeling suicidal and miserable before he called, but now I just feel miserable, I bet my dad wants me to kill myself so he can relieve himself of whatever financial burden I may pose to him in the future

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Re: Why is my dad such an asshole

I don't feel sorry for you. They are people out there being seriously emotionally and physically abused by there own fathers. All your dad did was see an article that made him think of you and he gave you a call. Not the most sensitive call, but It's a million miles from the true bad out there.

My own father kicked me out of the family and said he'd call the police and get a restraining order if I attempted to contact them. And I did nothing but lose my job thru no fault of my own.

Yeah it's not fun when someone isn't entirely sensitive to your situation, but don't exaggerate it.
      "Save my life I'm going down for the last time"- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqEhqiEjQXo

Under Moderation
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by Right U R Ken View Post
      I don't feel sorry for you. They are people out there being seriously emotionally and physically abused by there own fathers. All your dad did was see an article that made him think of you and he gave you a call. Not the most sensitive call, but It's a million miles from the true bad out there.

My own father kicked me out of the family and said he'd call the police and get a restraining order if I attempted to contact them. And I did nothing but lose my job thru no fault of my own.

Yeah it's not fun when someone isn't entirely sensitive to your situation, but don't exaggerate it.
      ha I assure you my father did far worse and allowed far worse then this small thing to take place, this is just an example of my dad being unsympathetic and probably taking a delight in me being miserable

Anyway I really dont give a shit if you feel bad for me or not, not to play my misery is greater then yours, but I have a feeling my childhood was far worse then yours and most peoples on here, but yea not comparing, just saying

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

I agree with you wastedmylife, it's not a competition. That phone call was really insensitive, I can see why it hurt you. I dunno, some people are just like that, you just have to ignore them and remember that you're the better person who doesn't have to make other people feel bad to feel better about yourself.
      And right u r ken, you need to grow up and not undermine someone for feeling the way they do.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Don't give your father and your brother the satisfaction of you ending your life.
      People like that are weak and not even worth spending energy on. If he does things like that again, just give him a warning and tell him not to do it again, if he does do it again then hang up on him. After all, he is an adult right.

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Quote Originally Posted by wastedmylife View Post
      but yea not comparing, just saying
      Just saying? No. You're just whining.
      "Save my life I'm going down for the last time"- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pqEhqiEjQXo

Dave_N
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

Is that supposed to be tough love right u are ken? :unsure:

This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

wow. fucking harsh. i can guarantee you ive been through worst shit than you and a lot of other people and i dont still dont judge people about why theyre sad.
      You have no mother fucking concept of how another human being may react to something. one thing that may not phase someone may mentally destroy another.
      yeah i get that you think you got it SOOOO bad, but you have to stop comparing your problems to others. deal with your own shit and stop the judgments cause you dont know shit about wastedmylife's life or anyone elses/
      Last edited by music_addict; 29th August 2008 at 07:57 AM.
      Goodbye

Site Founder & SF Friend
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

As this is a support site I would like to remind some to keep your posts supportive and to be nice, suicidal folks normally have much deeper reasons to take off the cuff remarks to heart.
      I am not a very active participant on SF at the moment, if you need anything just drop one of the active staff a message =)
      --
      SuicideForum.net - SF's backup site in case the main site goes down

Someperson
      This user has no status.

I am:
      ----

wastedmylife, can you please give us an example of your childhood problems in the family?