Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is Dehydration suicide?

Is Dehydration suicide?

You aren't killing yourself you are just not actively taking in water. There is no act of killing yourself, you are just not making yourself live, letting nature take its course. Think about it every time you drink you are committing unsuicide. not drinking is not an act it is the absence of an act, therefore cannot be an act of suicide.
    Whar is my fwend jens? I has a sad.

Re: Is Dehydration suicide?

You are consciously not doing something in the hope that you will die. What is the difference between this and consciously doing something in the hope that you will die? Yes, it's still suicide, if you succeed. The motive was to kill yourself through your inaction(s).

Quote Originally Posted by DrowningInTears View Post
    You aren't killing yourself you are just not actively taking in water. There is no act of killing yourself, you are just not making yourself live, letting nature take its course. Think about it every time you drink you are committing unsuicide. not drinking is not an act it is the absence of an act, therefore cannot be an act of suicide.
    It is possible, but you will get bloody damn thirsty before you die. It is nature's way of persuading you to drink and live.
    Cute but psycho. Things even out.

Brandon as i told u earlier the mere suggestion of this really really upets me, dying from hunger or thirst , the latter of which takes a relatively short time are rumoured to be excruciatingly painful after a relatively short period, please dont contemplate it at all.
    Find me ill chat no probs - so come chat

Jo xxxxxxxxx
    "kids when there is nothing , you 'll still be my everything"
    :rose: K :rose: J :rose: J :rose: J :rose: my greatest :wub: s in the world forever .

Dan baby :wub:

what doesn't kill you makes u strong .

Harry Frank, Patacake 'tres amigo s' always :wub:

Quote Originally Posted by patacake View Post
    are rumoured to be excruciatingly painful
    Yes I would second that, also if you are not eating/drinking knowing it will result in your death then I think it is suicide.
    Don't adjust your brain there is a fault in reality

Mister Cellophane
    Shoulda been my name
    'Cause you can look right through me
    Walk right by me
    And never know I'm there

Well this is probably my dumbest scheme yet. My mind is to unstable to actually commit to this, I could end up bailing on it at the end and just mess up my body and be more miserable. I really need something instant, realatively painless, and sure. I just want it over. But more than that I need some way to get my life to work, but that's just not happening :sad:.

Anyways I can't suicide for at least a little while for other reasons.:sad:
    Whar is my fwend jens? I has a sad.

Banned

Dying from dehydration first leads to madness, then death. It really isn't a pretty sight. And as others have said, it would be suicide, anyway..... sorry you're feeling so bad.

It would depend how you define suicide.

If your intent is to die from not drinking water, then yes it is suicide.

This is why, for example, a smoker who dies of cancer, technically is not a suicide since he did not smoke with the intent of killing himself. (Or at least not usually)

I think the basic problem with killing yourself by dehydration is that physiological need would overtake you rapidly.

I'm inclined to agree with aeou. I'd say it's quite a horrific method of death to experience.
    However, I applaud your imaginitive unconventional logic.
    And I am not frightened of dying. Anytime will do, I don't mind.
    Why should I be frightened of dying? There's no reason for it, you gotta go sometime.
    -------- I never said I was frightened of dying.