~ ♥ ~ Todays Funeral ~ ♥ ~

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Marshmallow, Aug 31, 2007.

1. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

Thats probably one of the hardest things I've had to watch. So much mixed emotions. Wanted to punch something/someone. Walk out of the service. Just cry. Wanted to cry as soon as i saw the coffin. Looked so beautiful. The four black horses, leading her through parts of London where she was known and had made a difference. Walking past the coffin just made it so real. Seeing Carla, give her a massive hug and a kiss. She's a very lucky girl. Shes had hard enough life already but to be in a house where your Nan is murdered and someone tried to attempt to murder your Granddad and your in the next room must be one traumatic experience. It doesn't bare thinking about.

Then went and saw Steph, gave her a hug. Saw she was wearing that chain. The one she always wears that says 'Mum' on it. I couldn't stop looking at it. Made me wanna cry right in front of her. Then saw Maurice. Walking with that stick because he hasn't fully recovered yet. Hard to believe the man was stabbed seven times. So strong. So thankful to the amount of people that showed up for his wife's funeral. He came and gave me a hug and a kiss. I might not of been very close to him but i knew him and his wife for most of my life and i felt ........... safe when he gave me that hug.

Then the hearse pulled out with the four black horses pulling it along. Went straight past us while we sat in the car. Felt like crying at that point. We followed the coffin a pretty long way up to Golders Green Crematorium. Went past the fire station where she worked for about 20 years. Two fire engines pulled out in the front. About eight or so fireman dressed smartly in their suits and a few other men dressed in suits. Standing to attention as the hearse stopped outside. Seeing that. Seeing what those men did for her made me wanna cry because thats what she deserved and so much more. She was an amazing women who looked after everyone else. As Maurice said to the priest 'she was good at looking after other people but hard to look after' So fitting for her. Then the white dove was set free. Made me smile. In the letter from her sister it said she was sending Miriam a white dove up to heaven with many kisses wrapped in many many many hugs. She deserved a very special day and in my opinion thats what she got. She was an amazing woman and i'll never forget her.

The service was lovely. The speeches we're wonderful, especially the one on behalf of her sister. That letter just put me into tears. Then Carla got up to read a poem out. Killed me when i realised it was the same one Sam had read out at her Nan's funeral. I should of made her stay at home. That was too much for her i know it was. Should of known what it would of done to her. She's had to go to two funerals via her family, i should of spared her the pain of going through another one. I could of got through it. Hun, i know your'll read this but i wanna thank you for coming today, it meant a lot and i no way did you let me down!! don't think i could of handled it like i did if you wasn't there. Thanks you.

Mum set me off crying. When the service had ended. We realised it was the same priest that had done my little brothers confirmation. So that felt good. He's a good man. My Mum wanted to go see her Nan in the crematorium. So we walked off up there to see the plaque for my Mums Nan and Granddad. While walking up the path way my Mum shouted something in my ear ........ ''If you think your gonna commit suicide then I'm gonna kill you cos i can't go through that!!!!'' she said it in a really angry voice. I just burst into tears. I already wanted to cut by that point and the honest truth is that she just made me wanna cut even more. I'm not blaming her but surely their could of been another thing to say than that?

One thing that pissed me off today was the lack of respect people have for things like this. Today just showed how many barstards their are in this world. Their we're some people who did the decent thing and let the cars following the hearse by and i thank them for doing that but i hope the people that didn't give a shit and smiled as they tried to cut everyone up rot in hell. I would NEVER dream of doing that if i was driving and saw a funeral. You could CLEARLY see that we all had hazzard lights on. Fair enough we shouldn't of been skipping the red lights but its a respect thing right? it makes me so damn pissed off when you can clearly see that we're following a hearse and they just wanna cut you up because their being complete prats. Believe me, Sam saw how worked up i was getting over the lack of respect. I was swearing like no body's business.

John died 10 years ago today. Same day as Princess Diana. Thought today was gonna be hard enough as it is. Then the funeral was arranged for today. What a day. August the 31st ....... a day to be remembered.

~ ♥ ~ Rest In Peace John Malloy ~ ♥ ~

~ ♥ ~ Rest In Peace Miriam Baldock ~ ♥ ~

Always in my heart and never forgotton​

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 31, 2007
  2. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

Baby, i dont know what to say about the funeral. It was a very very sad day and from what I heard Miriam sounds like a wonderful woman who was loved by all.
    Right, I'll be honest, there was two things in the ceremony that got to me quite badly, and yes, when they started readng THAT poem I actually considered walking out. But I considered it because for once in my life i had to put you first. I warned myself that you had to be the most important today and that anything i felt had to wait til tomorrow. so, even if you say i didnt let u down, i let myself down. i had no right to be upset when everyone in there had been through so much. i love u baby and im so sorry about today and everything u must be feeling :hug:
  3. Robin

Robin Guest

Hey Viks :hug: My deepest condolences to you and the family and friends of those who had to lat to rest a loved one for the last time. If you need a friend just gimme a shout, I always have time spare for you :hug:
  4. sarahg

sarahg Well-Known Member

ohhhhh huggles and love..............