0-2

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by Anthony, Aug 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anthony

Anthony Active Member

I tried to OD myself two different times. Once right after my grandmother died, using her sleeping pills she had from a truck stop. Towards the end of her life, she was suffering a lot and needed them to manage to sleep. I was sixteen, and after her death, I couldn't really cope with it, I had dealt with depression for as long as I can remember before that as well. I took the entire box, one of them normally knocks someone out for around 9 hours, and there's 24 in a box. Needless to say, I ended up passing out, and waking up 4 hours later feeling refreshed. Truly one of the worse feelings I'd had up to that point, was not even being able to pull that off.

The second time, when I was 18, I tried the same thing again, this time with a box and a half. They weren't quite as strong as the last ones, a generic brand, but I was getting over a bad bout with the flu, so I didn't figure my system could handle it. Next thing I know I wake up in a hospital, and a couple hours later the doctor releases me. The kicker of that experience was that his last words to me were, "Next time I'd suggest trying something stronger." To this day, those words still stay with me, it's almost like the man who's job is to save peoples lives, didn't really see any value in mine either.

Anyways that's my story. I thought I'd share those two experiences with you. Get them off my chest, because no one knows about them really. And they've been eating away at my soul for the last few years, just needed to say something.

2. necrodude

necrodude Well-Known Member

doctors can be very unsympathetic to attemted suicides. they think were a waste of time.

3. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I relate to you.. I went to the ER and the doctor told my ex for me to quit abusing my meds and walked out.. So she took me to another hospital and they saw how swollen my hands, ankles, and feet were and they admitted me right away..That was my 2nd attempt..My third attempt was oding again and woke up two days later..I finally gave up on trying to kill myself then..But the damage was done.. I had a nervous breakdown and ended up loosing everything I had worked so hard to get..I have had mental problems all my life and after my breakdown they just took over and I have been useless ever since. I still think about it dailey but don't act upon it..

4. Madison_Rose

Madison_Rose Active Member

I can't believe the doctor said that to you! What an a**hole! I'm sure if you'd reported him he would have been disciplined, but of course he knew that you'd be in no state to do that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.