1 year since I quit smoking cigarettes

Bloop

River Lea by Adele
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Go me. I made the switch to vaping and felt the difference almost immediately. Now I have been off them for some time I can confidently say never again. I can barely stand the smell of smoke and try to avoid being near smoking areas as I can feel the passive smoke enter my lungs. Vaping near someone who is smoking is a big no no, it messes with me drawing that smoke into my lungs. It's a good deterrent to be honest, not that I need it as I don't have cravings for them. I hope to one day quit vaping as well, though I will leave that on the shelf for now and celebrate this small victory today instead.

Auri

🎸🎶Metal Star🎵🥁
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Congrats!! That's a great accomplishment and hard to do. You can be very proud! Also happy you're hoping to quit vaping someday, but you're right to celebrate this right now! *stars

Daphna

Ninja of light
My
Go me. I made the switch to vaping and felt the difference almost immediately. Now I have been off them for some time I can confidently say never again. I can barely stand the smell of smoke and try to avoid being near smoking areas as I can feel the passive smoke enter my lungs. Vaping near someone who is smoking is a big no no, it messes with me drawing that smoke into my lungs. It's a good deterrent to be honest, not that I need it as I don't have cravings for them. I hope to one day quit vaping as well, though I will leave that on the shelf for now and celebrate this small victory today instead.
Both my husband and my in-laws quit smoking this way. They haven’t returned to it either. Happy for you. I knew I was over my smoking habit when I dreamed about it.

Bloop

River Lea by Adele
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
My

Both my husband and my in-laws quit smoking this way. They haven’t returned to it either. Happy for you. I knew I was over my smoking habit when I dreamed about it.
That is so great to hear. Well done to everyone involved. There is one left in my close family still smoking, he is my uncle and hopefully we can get him to make the switch too.

Bloop

River Lea by Adele
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Just remember, everyone will change in their own time. I quit first, years later my husband quit, and even more years later my inlaws quit.
I'll remember :) There will be no pressure from us, only support when/if he is ready. His brother was first to quit and it was very surprising as he was 2 packs a day for 20 years. I'm very proud of him for that.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00