10 days without a drink

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Loco72, Jun 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Loco72

Loco72 Well-Known Member

So it's been 10 days without a drink, and it's not been a problem at all. I can honestly say I've not missed having a drink...except till today. For some reason I wish I could have a glass of wine, just to help me feel better about the fact that it's weekend and I have no life. All I will do this weekend is do laundry, play with my cats, play on the computer, and watch tv. I miss socializing with people. If I could have a glass of wine I could go to the little local bar around the corner and go hang out with the people I know there(I used to do their wine tasting every week). Ugh, I hate feeling like I NEED to drink to not feel so alone.

2. reefer madness

reefer madness Account Closed

Congrats on the 10 days. Every day is a victory.

3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Well done. :clap:

4. ODIECOM

ODIECOM Well-Known Member

well done on your 10 days.
    there will be days like today. BEEN THERE.
    you simply have to take each day as it comes and the cravings will pass. you have to remind yourself that they are just cravings. you DONT NEED A DRINK AND YOU DONT WANT ONE. you are no longer a drinker of alcohol.
    find things to do to take your mind off of the cravings. restructure your lifestye to the NEW YOU.

everything you used to do that required a drink to get through will get easier.
    you have to change the way you think about the new you. dont forget to give yourself compliments each day that you succede.

hang in there ... you CAN do it.
    odiecom

5. ashes_away

ashes_away Well-Known Member

there are other drinks non alchoholic that I feel I am spoiling myself drinking..like soda.I need to quit drinking myself and when I do,I will probably drink more soda.But I have to quit drinking first.10 days is a long time and especially those days off.When I was working I could not wait to get my wine.Now I drink it every day,sometimes early in the day.Don't miss it.All alchohol is the same,like all unhealthy addictive drugs.....they are not your friend.Good luck..I know how hard it is.I hope you have a sponsor you can call.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.