10 good things in 2008

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by DarnTired, Apr 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarnTired

DarnTired Antiquitie's Friend

You know, lately I've been moody, depressed, crying a lot and drunk. But despite it all, thinking about good things that have happened recently can pull me out of the slump for a little while. I thought it might be nice to try and think of 10 good things that have happened in 2008 so far, without qualifying them by saying "It started out good, but then it got really ugly." I'm gonna try and just say what 10 good things happened without thinking about any depressing consequences later on.

1) Got a Zune for Christmas and I love playing with it.

2) Got to edit the film clip montage for the L.A. Film Critics Awards Ceremony and went to the ceremony for free where I had a great meal, lots of wine and a few celebrities to look at.

3) Chatted up some nice Australian girls at the above mentioned ceremony.

4) Actually asked a girl out on a date for the first time in years and had a good time. I even bought her flower!

5) I'm getting used to my new job and I like talking with the pretty co-worker who sits near me. We even went out for drinks once!

6) I found a CD of "At Last The 1948 Show" with John Cleese and Marty Feldman in a used CD store.

7) I bought an external drive for my computer so now I can put as many songs on my Zune as I like.

8) The 4th season of Doctor Who just started up.

9) There's a great sketch comedy show called "That Mitchell And Webb Look" that's been playing on BBCA.

10) Had a new idea for a screenplay and I started writing it.

Well, that's not bad. Some may seem kinda' flimsy but I don't care. Things like this can sometimes help when you're in a down mood. Would anyone else like to try it? You don't have to do ten if you don't want and you can include anything that makes you happy.
  2. danni

danni Chat Buddy

1. finally got a car
    2.got my life sorted out
    3.i'm more active and finishing things up
    4. got a job
    5. more friends
    6. understanding more of myself
    7.finished up writing some of my poems
    8. got a new dog
    9. finishing up school
    and 10. that i'm more happyer than i was the past couple of years.
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

i cant even think of one:huh:
  4. DarnTired

DarnTired Antiquitie's Friend

Oh, that's too bad. I hope something terrific happens to you this weekend.
  5. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

thanks hun :hug:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.