10 week Suicidal Prozac update.

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by WannaEndit01, Oct 7, 2016.

1. WannaEndit01

WannaEndit01 Well-Known Member

Decided to give a 10 week update. First approximately 10 weeks ago I tried to kill my self several times but quit 1/2 way through. I started taking prozac about then as well.

Where am I now. Well if 0 is attempting to kill yourself and 10 is no depression what's soever. Most of the time these days I am a 9 with scattered 10.

What has changed? A couple things:

1. I made changes in my life that I could and they have helped.
    2. I am taking prozac.
    3. I learned all about my depression type. I am a ruminater of tragic events that changed my life 30 years ago. When I ruminate I remember them as if it happened yesterday. I found this website called:

I did the FREE part. The depression learning path. It was right on target for me. So now I fight ruminating. It's a battle. But I want to ruminate to try and fix things, change things. And that's the problem. I learned on the above website, rumination lead to deeper and deeper depression.

No why do I ruminate? Because I have some current serious life issue I need to tackle. Instead I try to ruminate on what could have been, "if only", and I would not be in this positions.

What I really need to do, and I am now trying. is continue to fight. That is what I am now trying to do. So hopefully between the prozac and fighting rumination I will be able to go forward.
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Wow. I am really proud of you, you are on the right track, I am glad the prozac seems to be helping, I am also trying to make changes in my life, just stay positive and focus on the good. Well done you. Maybe you should make a post in strategies to success to show others that it can and does get better?
  3. WannaEndit01

To early to post success. Today was good. tomorrow could be bad, and next week worse. I don't think tomorrow will be worse. I going to a dock party, but you never know.
    Petal likes this.
  4. Brian777

Brian777 Safety and Support Forum Pro SF Supporter

Great to hear Wanna :) you're on the right track my friend.
  5. Wallace

Wallace Member

Try studying mindfulness if you want to be able to break the ruminating pattern.
  6. WannaEndit01

7. IdontMatter111

IdontMatter111 Well-Known Member

Thank you very much for the depression learning path WannaEndit01