100% done with it all

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by merv, Jan 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. merv

merv New Member

Hi, I am new here and am hoping for some help, I am at my wit's end.

Each day, I consider suicide more and more. I am not lonely, or even depressed, I am just extremely fed up with how the world is going to hell in a hand basket. Each day there is a terrorist attack here, more illnesses, more of everything. I am so upset at these situations, I feel hopeless. I fear that the world will just get worse, and I want to cut all ties before it gets much worse. I do believe society will collapse sooner rather than later, and I feel powerless to do anything to either raise awareness/make an effort to prevent it. I just want to end it all, this world is too much for me. I am a high-school student, but I do not think the situation will get any better, it will most likely be worse in 20 years.

If anyone has felt like this, can I please have some advice. I hope that wasn't too ranty, thank you.
  2. W Miller

W Miller Well-Known Member

Yes, many of us can relate to what you are saying, but, you should IMO (of course), try to see things 'day-by-day', because its so easy to see just the negative side of life. Now I'm not always seeing the good in this word most days, myself. I know though, there are good people still in this world - though hard to see at times, they are out there.

My advise to you would seriously be, try to not watch extremely negative news programing as much (hard to avoid these days - I know), but if possible, limit the news to a small part of your day so this way you won't have this constant reminder(s) of the tragedies going on all over the world that may not even concern you. Sometimes, we wind up seeing things that might not even pertain to us, or our locations/surroundings, and this in turn causes us to focus less on your immediate/current situation(s), and further distract you from your schooling.

So, best of luck to you, and always remember, 'day-to-day' thinking rather than wasting your energy worrying about what could be happening 20 or more years down the road, but look for a brighter future; always.

Take good care, and never give up.
  3. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hello merv and welcome,

As the saying goes ''you can't save the world''. I think you are worrying too much to be honest and it's obviously affecting your life.I know you are worried about these things but is there something close to home making you feel this way too? Keep talking to us because we do care.
  4. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

humans always have been terrible to each other throughout history and illness and natural disasters has always been happening throughout history. It's just the exposure of the media that makes things seem more worse than what it is those days. Back then things were terrible too. Some times We just tend to forget and repeat history all over again. Personally the world is not going to hell in a hand basket it's always been that way.
  5. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

I would have to agree with DrownedFishOnFire on this one. Terrible things have always happened. Wars, illnesses, natural disasters, people doing evil things. You just hear more about the things that go on in today's current climate because it gets strong media attention, and media is a multi billion dollar business. You can't change the world and you can't stop bad things from happening. Instead, concentrate on your life and look at how you can make a difference to your life and those around you.
  6. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Welcome to the forum. I totally agree with Butterfly and Drownedfish. Things bad happen in your life and you need to concentrate on the positive aspect of your life. You are young and need to experience the good things in life. In life we experience or hear about wars and other historical events but live for each day like others here do. Please keep posting for the support you deserve here.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.