1000 mg of celexa

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by Petal, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Is it illegal to keep getting prescriptions for medicine that your not taking. I am being prescribed celexa weekly(I pretend im taking them to keep my doctor and mom happy:rolleyes:) but I am secretly just keeping them hidden away, I now have in total 1000mg of celexa(citalporam). If i was found out could i get in some sort of trouble?

2. galalleni

galalleni Well-Known Member

If your in the US - as long as you don't sell it or distribute it they can't get you in trouble. But it's a good idea to let your doctor/parents know if you don't want to take the medication, so that they can help treat you right - they may be fine letting you solve things through therapy alone.

3. Petal

4. yanke

yanke Active Member

sorry i dont have much information about it but i will try and than give some information about it... THanks..

5. Starlite

Starlite Senior Member

Why aren't you taking it hun? If you feel it isn't working for you , there are other meds you can try. Please try to talk to your doctor about this.

Hugs

6. Petal

I have started it taking it since I wrote this post :)

7. Starlite

Starlite Senior Member

I am glad to hear that...i hope it helps ya hunni..if you need to tallk,..please don't hesitate to pm me.

hugs

8. Petal

Thanks sweetie :arms: