1000 mg of celexa

Discussion in 'Therapy and Medication' started by Petal, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Is it illegal to keep getting prescriptions for medicine that your not taking. I am being prescribed celexa weekly(I pretend im taking them to keep my doctor and mom happy:rolleyes:) but I am secretly just keeping them hidden away, I now have in total 1000mg of celexa(citalporam). If i was found out could i get in some sort of trouble?

2. galalleni

galalleni Well-Known Member

If your in the US - as long as you don't sell it or distribute it they can't get you in trouble. But it's a good idea to let your doctor/parents know if you don't want to take the medication, so that they can help treat you right - they may be fine letting you solve things through therapy alone.

3. Petal

4. yanke

yanke Active Member

sorry i dont have much information about it but i will try and than give some information about it... THanks..

5. Starlite

Starlite Senior Member

Why aren't you taking it hun? If you feel it isn't working for you , there are other meds you can try. Please try to talk to your doctor about this.

Hugs

6. Petal

I have started it taking it since I wrote this post :)

7. Starlite

Starlite Senior Member

I am glad to hear that...i hope it helps ya hunni..if you need to tallk,..please don't hesitate to pm me.

hugs

8. Petal

Thanks sweetie :arms: