?????

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by blackfire, Dec 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blackfire

blackfire Well-Known Member

When are suicide rates the highest during the year. Do more men or women commit suicide? Just wondering.

2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Christmas is generally a bad time..lots of calls to the Samaritans..dunno about the male female ratio tho

3. blackfire

thanks devastated, i was just curious

4. jane doe

jane doe Well-Known Member

i read that the highest rate of suicide is teenagers between 17 and 25. And i read that if men think about it will surely do it, and women is not suer. Blackfire Take care...talk to you tomorrow.

5. hopeless111

hopeless111 Member

AFAIK, statistics say that women are more likely to attempt a suicide, but men are more likely to really kill themselves because they choose more violent methods.

And I read that something like "Christmas suicides" is actually a myth, and that most of suicides are commited in spring and summer...

6. smackh2o

smackh2o Well-Known Member

Just thinking, the weather phenomenom known as SAD where people don't get enough direct sunlight which can make us depressed. Maybe that is a trigger for lots of suicidals over the winter months.

7. blackfire

The weather is the common problem with depression when you live up north and the winer days are short. There is more darkness and less to do with people.

8. blackfire

thanks for all responding.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.