?

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by diamond2, Aug 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. diamond2

diamond2 Active Member

So this time last year I tried to kill myself ... My bf pushed those close to me away n then decided now would b a perfect time to leave me alone n go see his family in scotland who hate me.... So basically I'm home alone, gonna b for a while n the pills r starting to look good again... Any advice/help?

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

first thing is throw pills out or give them to someone you trust to hold onto them for you If you can set up a time to talk to your bf on videocam on computer so you don't feel so isolated hun Or set up a time where he can call you Get outside even if it is just to go for a walk or coffee meet new people hun make new connections ok hugs

3. diamond2

diamond2 Active Member

Ok bt he dnt wanna talk to me

4. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

It's up to you to take back control of your life. Sounds like your bf may have been influenced by his family, and if he had to choose between them and you (then that's their error for not supporting him in his choices), his choice was more likely to keep them.

For him to have done what he's done to you - would make me think he's possibly manipulative, and you'd actually be better off without him. Turning towards the action of "looking at a particular method" - will not resolve any issues, and as such - could create other issues for you/others around you. Many would say - "it's not worth the risk" because bf's can come and go - friends can come and go, but isn't life there to be lived?

5. diamond2

diamond2 Active Member

So what do I do?

6. meaningless-vessel

meaningless-vessel Well-Known Member

I'd start by looking at things you would like to have the chance of doing while alive. If you can't find anything in particular - make a note of all the things you have tried - and whether you remember good points about them. Or if there's nothing you remember good points about - consider something totally different.

(For example - I liked going to karaoke's or music based open-mics (turn up with a guitar) - and I'm looking to get back into some of them. - although learning to properly ice skate would be "something totally different" that I am interested in doing.)

And that way - by using your "hobbies and/or interests" as a base point to work from, have a search around for local groups/activities that you can get to - that are related to things you like.

It's an idea at least.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.