:(

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by Butterfly, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Feel like such a failure :( I feel like I shouldn't even exist :(

2. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

What's wrong honey? :hug: you are not a failure at all!

3. Butterfly

Struggling at work. I've lost all my confidence and feel completely incapable of anything. Today wasn't even that busy a day. I mean I got all my jobs done, but just have no confidence in myself. I can barely string two sentences together to my work colleagues. It's like I've lost the ability to speak or do anything. I just feel like shit. I should feel happy as I passed my dementia course assignment with good feedback. But I still feel crappy :(

4. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

I agree with Freya; you're not a failure Butterfly

:freehug:

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Your feeling about you are not true they are just depression telling you lies hun I am glad you did well on your dementia project because that shows you You are intelligent hun and you do care about your work hugs to you

6. Butterfly

I don't think they are necessarily not true. It's true I've lost all my confidence and I am struggling to get back into the swing of things. At the moment I'm almost like obsessive over what tasks get done and how. I guess in reality I worked like a machine yesterday because we did have a nice day albeit busy. When I look back I see it was a busy day. I just have no confidence left in myself, and I'm struggling to even talk to my colleagues about the simplest of things.

7. Butterfly

Just want to cry.

8. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

I am not sure if you have considered this , but perhaps is not coincidental that theses feeling s are coming about a week or 2 after stopping your anti-depressant ? Might be worth considering.

9. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I hope you can cry then hun let out some of the sadness all ican say in time that confidence will return to you just keep listening to your collegues to what they have to say about you ok hugs

10. Butterfly

Maybe, but I don't feel depressed as such and I dont feel like this all of the time so I don't think it's down to stopping the anti depressant. In fact I feel loads better after stopping it. It's just every time I go to work, I feel so hopeless and have no confidence. I'm sure it's a feeling that will pass with time. Just have to suffer in the mean time.

11. Butterfly

I've had a much better day today. More like my old self :) I also had a lot of reassurance from my colleagues :)

12. NYJmpMaster

NYJmpMaster Have a question? Message Me Staff Member Forum Owner ADMIN

:cheer: I am glad it was better and hope you will have many more better days

13. Butterfly

Me too. I was really beginning to doubt myself but today just took all that doubt away. I was talking to my work colleagues about my self doubt and lack of confidence and they told me to stop being silly and that I am a good nurse which was nice to hear.