1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

12,241 days...and counting

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by CGMAngel, Feb 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CGMAngel

CGMAngel SF Supporter

Hello everyone;

This is day 12,241 of my mental and emotional prison sentence. Yes I really can remember the exact day when everything started - all the despair, hopelessness and fear.

"Solitary confinement" can be just as much a psychological hell as a physical one.

Naturally, by this point, after literally thousands of interminable days and nights trapped in the shadows of life, I am not wildly pleased when I hear people say "it'll pass."

Really? In which particular century might that take place?

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

"Solitary confinement" can be just as much a psychological hell as a physical one.

More so hun more so that is why you need to try to reach out to people join activity groups sports groups take a course of interest and be among people

3. Lost in translation

Lost in translation Active Member

I get what your saying, after being in a state for so long it's almost impossible to see anything getting better! I know, I'm there to.

4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Hi there, I *think* I know what you mean. I did not leave the house for 5 years , would not even open the curtains. It is a living hell, makes you anxious and possibly even suicidal. You need to seek help now. I missed out on so many years that I cannot get back, reach out now!

5. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

it really is a horrible feeling, it really is.

for me... it will get better, it's just empty words now- it means nothing to me.

people tell me that, and they've been telling me that for 16 years with no result- so naturally it annoys me now

6. CGMAngel

CGMAngel SF Supporter

Thanks everyone for your responses.

CocaCola, you said you DID not leave the house for five years, so I assume you have now overcome this. If you don't mind my asking, how did you eventually get help? How were you able to finally take that first step?

I am still able to go outside, but it is getting progressively more difficult. Whenever I open the front door it feels like there is a dark, powerful, psychological wind blowing me back in. It is tough to go outside when you have such an intense fear of basically everything out there.

(BTW, CocaCola - 54,353 posts? That is amazing!)

So is there really always light at the end of the tunnel - or always darkness at the end of the light?

Every cloud has a silver lining? Or every sliver lining has a cloud?

Mysteries I have spent an eternity pondering....

7. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

I've just done a day calculation from when the darkness started happening for me, and it's 'only' 7,095 - but I do appreciate very well what you are feeling and going through. I might be able to help you with the stuff I have had to learn in order to survive it - either we can PM or stay here, your choice :) But I'm living proof that the very worst of dark nights can be overcome and our inward person made stronger by them, eventually - it is just a question of knowing how and being determined - even if it takes the rest of our earthly life it does not matter if each day we can see a little more light, no matter how little :)

8. CGMAngel

CGMAngel SF Supporter

Precious - thanks for your response.

Yes I don't doubt that my "journey of despair" has made me a stronger person and perhaps a better one - at least in the sense that I am able to share what I have learned in order to help others.

But what good is being a stronger and better person if you always end up back where you started? I don't feel my life journey is taking me OUT of the darkness; more just going around and around in ever-decreasing circles INSIDE that darkness.

I always somehow manage to drag myself through "the very worst of dark nights" as you describe them, but I somehow doubt that is the same as "overcoming" them.

I would like to hear more about your journey. Are you seeing more light?

Hope to hear from you soon.

9. flowers

flowers Senior Member

I do not have any answers for you other than please never ever give up trying, hoping and caring, I am very glad you found this community.

10. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Absolutely I am, most definitely. Although I cannot explain why or how in a few sentences. But I do know, if I allow myself to be taken under by memories and follow their leading, it's horrible, and I can still feel like I am going around in circles in the dark. BUT - that is when I now know what to do - and have the confidence that it does, in fact, really work. I cannot say I have done this in my own power, however. I have to go now (dinner to get) but look forward to chatting with you more about it :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.