12 days to kill myself

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by wastedmylife, Jan 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wastedmylife

wastedmylife Well-Known Member

I thought I would kill myself by jan 31 cuz that is when my lease runs up and i will be homeless, that is when the real fun begins, I will be out on the street living miserably or maybe i should do something that will get me thrown in jail

jesus fucking christ 12 days and i will be homeless and i dont know what I am gonna do id be lying if I said I wast fucking scared
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

woah :(

Im sorry to hear that hun. Thats terrible.

I havent got a clue what advice to offer you,so I'll send you some hugs :hug:

and offer you a listening ear.

I hope you dont go through with your plans :hug:
  3. ergo51

ergo51 Well-Known Member

I've been homeless twice it's crap, especially if you have no support which I guessing you haven't, and I certainly didn't, but I managed both times to get back on my feet so to speak.

Get your phone book/yellow pages out or onto the net and look for hostels/shelters etc, Christian/religious organisations often run them. Perhaps if you speak to them now you won't have to spend a night on the street.

There is nothing to be scared of but be savvy, stay strong, and keep focused on restablishing your life.

The reality is there is alot of criminality/drugs in the subculture, (by no means every homeless person but alot in my experience) nothing to be scared of but be wise and stay safe, steer well clear.

I hope this wasn't too depressing a response. Having been there twice (but not anymore) I'm just trying to give practical advice. I hope that's cool with you.

Good luck.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 19, 2009
  4. LastCrusade

LastCrusade Well-Known Member

if u dont kill urself and when that 12 days arrive, you find urself without a home so u ask for help but if no one helps then go live in the streets or approach charitable organisations or churches. the people will help you out. all u have to do is to ask for help from the right people. you wont die unless u do something to urself. killing urself is to run away from ur problems. Face it head on! hold on to your balls n be a man! (if u r a guy). dont run when u face difficult situations. face it and DO SOMETHING to get urself out of the mess instead of killing urself.
  5. TheWr0ngChild

TheWr0ngChild Well-Known Member

You also have 12 days to be doing everything you can to make sure that DOES NOT happen the way you think it will. If your in the UK get in touch with SHELTER. They're not a housing provider but they can make sure all your rights are being upheld and can put you in the right direction for hostels & shelters.

You can stay in some hostels as a resident I think, some of them do charge but if your unemployed they'll get you on housing benefit to pay for that.

You have got to make as many calls as you can, get yourself in the system now and not when your actualy homeless. Sorry if my reply seems a little blunt, but there are things you can do to make things easier.
  6. Mightbehere

Mightbehere Well-Known Member

Please don't kill yourself. You have so much to give.
  7. ergo51

ergo51 Well-Known Member

This is great advice. You can stay in alot of hostels as a resident in uk they take housing benefit plus the larger proportion of j.s.a to supply food etc and you get a bit of 'pocket money' which is pretty annoying but that's life. The Cyrenians run hostels and help people restablish themselves, but, unless we know where you are from (us uk?) this advice could be a waste of time. Doubtless there is someone from the States who has experience in these matters on this forum though.
  8. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

Is there any way you could move in with a friend? :unsure:
  9. wastedmylife

i have no friends I have no family I destroyed my life
  10. soliloquise

soliloquise Well-Known Member

there are things you can do...
  11. mdmefontaine

mdmefontaine Antiquities Friend

hi. where are you located? (not trying to pry) don't have to be specific. if you pm me. . i could do some research, if you are in canada or the u.s. i am a u.s. citizen, residing in canada. i used to volunteer w/shelters in the u.s. - in illinois. i am looking to do the same thing here. if you can go to a shelter, try to talk to whomever is in charge there. . or someone that you 'connect' with. . that is a volunteer. these people really DO care or they would not be there. MOST cities have shelters these days. the shelter does not have to be permanent. many DO have additional resources to help you get back on your feet. also. i am from a church background. .. and if you could go to a church, despite your personal beliefs or lack thereof. . . . many people involved in that setting would want to help you. they may have resources to help you get a job, and help get you into housing. and. . . please don't think i'm silly, but you could make friends, in a church. again, you don't have to be 'religious'.

if you reach out, just like we reach out on this forum, you can find a friend. i have really really screwed up MY life too. bigtime. i'm trying to hang in. hang in here with us. please dont' go. don't mean to be 'preachy'. . i just am worried about you. i care. here is a hug . :hug:
  12. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

I guess you'll have to live in a shelter for a while then. It's really cold outside, so be sure to find someplace warm to stay.
  13. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

Hey wastedmylife!

Are you feeling better?:hug:
  14. wastedmylife

no I have 6 days and I dont know what to do
  15. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

Hey Wastedmylife,
    If you live in the US why don't you apply for financial aid, food stamps, and medicaid? With you phsyc problems maybe you can get a letter from your shrink, or therapist, or whoever you see.
    There are hostels here and homeless shelters in the US if that is the way you need to go. The only problem you might have is them being full because of the weather. Hell maybe even go into the hospital and tell them your situation and that you are suicidal. They might be able to help place you in a rehab somewhere. Theres always options you just need to seek them out. Take Care!~Joseph~

P.S. Why do you want to take a cheap shot at the US Long we didn't do anything to you and this thread is about finding help for wastedmylife.
  16. ergo51

ergo51 Well-Known Member

Hey Stranger 1 I'm not sure what you mean I think you must have misinterpreted one of my posts......Perhaps the part where I wrote if you're in the U.S. this advice might be a waste of time..or..........Doubtless someone from the States will have experience in these matters etc..........

Maybe you detected some sarcasm here? If you did I apologise that was in no way my intention I'm not prejudice against the States or its inhabitants, my point was it would be a waste of time asking me for advice as I have no idea of what structures or benefits exist there.

I've been homeless as stated but I live in the U.K., I could advise on the exact details of benefits, types of hostels, cities that offer good support and cities in this country that literally give the homeless one way train tickets.

But not in the U.S. I have no clue.

Being homeless is no laughing matter and I wouldn't use this platform for cheap digs.

Nevertheless I apologise for any unintentional offence.

Oh, and back to the reason I revisited this thread.............How's it going Wastedmylife?
  17. andyc68

andyc68 Guest

although i am not quite in the same boat i have looked this beast in the face and stared it down.
    don't give up, there are ways around this if you calm down a bit, i only say that cause i know how frightening this can be.
    hostels, shelters, ymca. keep looking and you will find a way.

be strong
  18. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

I really hope that you wont do it:hug:
  19. wastedmylife

I wish I had medicaid last year but I got denied cuz I had no kids, I wouldnt be in the shape I am in, I would by lying if I didnt hate this country as well, at least the republican assholes who work to put people like me down, they want me to kill myself, maybe I should kill them

I had some problems last year and really needed help, I called about 15 different shrinks and none of them would see me cuz I had no health insurance, I applied for medicaid but was denied because I dont have any kids

Now I am dead and broken, have physical problems i am unable to live with a shit load of hospital bills, words can not express how much I hate the people who helped me get where I am

I really should kill some people who helped put me where I am, I was a decent person, a person who wanted to get helped and wanted to make a difference in the world, now I am dead and broken and alot of people helped put me where I am it is a fucking shame and really isnt fair, I really hate this country

I wish I lived in the UK or another decent country, if I was rich I would be fine because the rich are who the republicans look out for, but I am poor and broken and now I am dead, I was a decent person to, I really wanted to make a difference in this world and make it a beter place, now I am dead, I was hoping to go back to school to
  20. ergo51

ergo51 Well-Known Member

Hey wastedmy life I'm glad your'e still posting, did you manage to find any temporary accomodation yet?

I hope you read mdmefontaines post about the offer of assistance. I know how it makes you feel when your in the jaws of having nothing, I could never think of posistive action to take as I was too angry (really angry believe me I can relate people kicked me and laughed as I went down too) and frustrated about what led me to be on the streets in the first place and the reality of it is overwhelming.

Being dirt poor is similar in every country it's not so different here in the uk, it's just the nature of the beast my friend.

I see no reason why you couldn't get back to education once you've tackled your present situation, but tackle it you must.

Stay cool.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.