13 years and still cutting.

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by lost_child, Sep 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lost_child

lost_child Well-Known Member

My SH is getting worse..I used to punch myself in the ribs, bang my head against the wall, put fags out on my arms and scratch my skin. Then I moved to stabbing my leg with a knife, or using tweezers or glass to cut my body last august I started to cut with a razor it wasn't every day but now I'm cutting everyday sometimes once a day but mostly a couple of times a day, I've had to start cutting the inside of my hand and bottom of my feet because people are seeing the cuts (t/doctor and p/doc) and are commenting about the scars and cuts. I'm not even sure sometimes why I've cut just that seeing the blood leavin my body leaves me feeling more cleansed inside..13 years ago it started and still I can't break away. I've tried elastic bands, drawing on myself, ice, distracting myself, the 15 minute rule but nothing seems to stop me cutting just delays for a bit.

2. scared_child

scared_child Account Closed

Im so sorry that your having trouble...I know its hard to stop...but, sometimes its better for you...and you have to force yourself through it. i know its difficult...but i hope you can do it. :)

3. riz

riz Senior Member

I've been dealing with a similar situation. It's becoming an addiction in both of us. What you have to do is realize that the behavior is not good for you, and the moment that you know in your heart that you want to stop is the moment you will know what to do.

Sometimes the key is to look at yourself in the mirror before you want to cut. Look deep into your own eyes and find out what makes you feel that way. Once you've taken an honest look at yourself, you might find it hard to harm yourself.

I hope that helps, and anytime you need to talk, please PM me.

4. Blackness

Blackness Guest

well 13yrs is a long time hun. :(
    I've been SHing for like less than a year and can see it developing into longer too.
    Well you've tried all the things that ppl usually suggest. The only thing is to get to the bottom of your problems...which sounds like you're already doing. So I dont know :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.