14 years later

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Lysander, Jul 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lysander

Lysander New Member

So I'm a male in Canada, and i recently turned 28. I'm not generally the type for introspection, or being overly emotional (in fact I'm often accused of being the opposite). Regardless, I got to thinking, and it's now 14 years running of suicidal thoughts. Suicidal thoughts might be an understatement. In my early 20's i attempted suicide, but managed to fail at that too. I'm not sure I even looked at the botch job as a larger success (in that I was still alive) but rather as a failure, that of a spirit too weak to even do what it felt necessary. Either way, here I am, late 20's, still wishing for death each and every day. When I was younger I imagined these feelings were transient, and if I made it to my mid-twenties, I'd be through the worst of it. But surely, this is a delusion. I guess what I'm getting at, is that I feel like this situation is both unsolvable as well as intenible. I'm tired of hearing the obligatory "things get better" as it is quite clear that they don't, at least not for everyone. I don't know what else to say. I suppose I'm either looking for a better way, which I have no belief in, or I'm looking for someone to placate my demons, at least for the short term. And I don't belive in god, so please don't push that angle

2. Huw

Huw Well-Known Member

So you believe in demons who are spirits, you describe yourself as a spirit, but deny the existence of the Eternal Almighty who is Spirit...interestingly confusing.

At the moment you need someone to tell you things that you want to hear. Not what you need to hear. Therein lays the problem and I remember it well. I was like a man bobbing up and down in the mid Atlantic refusing a buoyancy aid because "he doesn't believe in them". hahahaha. Thanks for the memory.

I'm sure someone will be along soon to try and give you what you think you need, but you will recognise either the absurdity or the hypocrisy.

Enjoy the swim.

3. Lysander

Lysander New Member

Thanks for the attack homie. No I don't belive in either spirits or demons. Look up metaphors. <Mod Edit: Insulting>

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2016
  4. Huw

Huw Well-Known Member

OK lets have another go.

Hey man waz up? I can dig the vibes homie and youz not alone dude. Youz a really great guy an thas no dung. Stay loose fella. HIGH FIVE>>>>>yeah!

5. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

@Huw

I think you missed the original point of @Lysander post. He didn't say he believed in spirits of demons at all. He was just using descriptions of how he was feeling.

Please do not derail the thread and if you cannot be civilised then please do not reply to this thread any further.

Lysander, what are your demons and why do you feel like a failure. Would you like to share more so we can understand a little better where these problems stem from so we can help you find some solutions to your problems?

6. Huw

Huw Well-Known Member

I disagree. Based on the fact he PM'd me and sent personal messages. You are not party to those PM's.

7. Butterfly

Butterfly Pokémon Master Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

Seeing as we cannot be civilised. Thread closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.