>.<

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by RainbowChaser, Apr 11, 2007.

1. RainbowChaser

RainbowChaser Well-Known Member

You start to like a guy online, and they seem to like you back and...​

...You remember what happened the last time you liked a guy online...​

...And you scare the poor sod away :blub:​

2. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

If you do like him and he likes you, then write him an e-mail or something and explain everything, as much as you can.

If he is worth it, then he will respond and show at the very least empathy.

Online relationships are notoriously hard.

Hang in there

3. Marshmallow

Marshmallow Staff Alumni

Sounds like a situation im in. Just in a different :dry:

It's hard i know hun. I like what S suggested and write him an email explaining.

If he likes you then he will help you through the way your feeling :hug:

4. RainbowChaser

The problem is, it's a really recent development... How can I expect someone to help me through this when they barely know me?

5. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Online relationships are very delicate. There are so many things that can be out of alignment. Since this is a recent development, perhaps you can e-mail and simply explain the situation. You do not have to ask for commitment to anything. Tell him of the difficulties and that you are now more cautious about things and you really would like to have a second chance. He doesn't have to bear the responsibility of trying to get you through the issue. You are asking that he give you time to process and how you will deal with this in the future. You have to feel comfortable with it. This is only a suggestion. I hope you find what works best for you. :hug:

6. RainbowChaser

'Cautious' would be an understatement... The only guy I've ever had a relationship with was someone I met online, he said nice things (eerily similar to what this guy has said) and we met up and disaster struck. Anything I say after that would be considered triggering, so I'll leave it at that...