16 and in a crisis

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by feelgoodlost, Nov 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. feelgoodlost

feelgoodlost Member

Hi, lately I've been feeling empty as if I don't have much of a purpose anymore. I go through each day the same, nothing happens nothing changes just the same lonely me. I've been depressed for a few years nothing long term it would last a few days and then go away but come back. Lately I've been severely depressed for over a month non stop. I've grown away from my friends and stopped seeing them outside of school mainly because it made me feel worse seeing how they all have been in these long relationships. My friends tell me all the time that i need a girlfriend and its not like i should be having trouble with it, but mentally im split because I want to be in a relationship with someone but yet at the same time i'm afraid of a broken heart and i don't know what would happen and i don't think i would be able to trust myself after wards. My mom is depressed and she takes medication for it. My brother when he was around my age, tried to kill himself. I started doing drugs in order to feel normal and not this emotional wreck. I started doing Codeine which is a low grade morphine and for the first time last week i started smoking weed (something i thought i would never be doing) My life at the moment has just been on a steady downhill slope and this is the first time i've felt that i needed help. I don't cut myself, and i would never in a million years tell my parents that i need a therapist because it would make my mom feel even worse. I've just been needing some advice and possibly somebody i could talk to.

2. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

Sorry you've been feeling so bad. :hug: I'm glad you joined though; there are tons of people to talk to here.

I know you said telling your mom isn't something you want to do, but it might be a good idea. If she's dealt with depression, then she knows how it feels and would hopefully be willing to help you find a therapist.

3. feelgoodlost

feelgoodlost Member

Im not sure how my mom would react though she may feel extremely guilty thinking that its her fault that im depressed because my brother was the same way and nobody found out till he attempted suicide by overdosing but he ended up in the hospital

4. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

It might be hereditary, but it's not your mom's fault. You deserve the help though, and you need to reach out and try to get it so that things don't get to the point that they did with your brother.

5. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I think telling your mom you need help now is better than having her find out you are suicidal and deeply into drugs later. You need to tell her now so you can get help while you are young. You are 16 here you can go to doctors at that age without parent knowing and ask GP to give you something for depression and ask to be set up with some councilling without parents knowing
    Get help now don't leave it until you are way over your head in sadness If you are having suicidal thoughts now it is time to reach out to someone and tell them Call crisis line and just speak with someone okay. Tell your mom tell her you are wanting help now because you do not want to put her through any more pain by hurting yourself. If it is hereditary then meds will help you so please tell someone now.

6. sucidalgirl99

sucidalgirl99 Well-Known Member

Try speaking to someone, and I'm always here for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.