16 years old...

Little_me

"P" and I went to the same science-class in 7th grade. Today I heard something stunning from a former classmate, I didn't know it was possible. She died from breast cancer, at 16, a few weeks ago!! I didn't know her really but I feel sad... Has anyone here even heard about breast cancer at that young age?? :O

Rest in peace...

itmahanh

Senior Member & Antiquities Friend
I'm sorry to hear about the loss of such a young person and friend. But yes it is more than possible especially if there is a history of breast cancer in the family. That's why the importance of self breast exams as soon as one's breast start to develop can not be stressed enough. Each female has to become familiar with their breasts and be able to report ANYTHING unusual asap. Breast cancer does not discriminate. Even males have died from breast cancer. Maybe as a way to not let this young girl to have died in vain, you and you're other friends could approach the school nurse and school admin. about educating others on self breast exams say in family life courses. It can happen but if detected early it doesnt have to.

healing07

I am very sorry for your loss. She was so young for died. I know you are very sad. I understand your pain because my friend also died with this disease. I just say Be strong and Take care of your self.

I am sorry to hear about your friend. Cancer does not care about age. Although it is not common for this young of person to die from breast cancer, it happens more often than we think. My deepest sympathies to you and her family. :hug:

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00