16 years today.

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by Mortal Moon, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Mortal Moon

Mortal Moon Well-Known Member

My twin sister died 16 years ago today. She has officially been dead for twice as long as she was alive.

I guess I don't have much to say; I just thought it would be nice to write something in remembrance. My parents and I would usually visit her grave today, but I can't go this year since I'm living so far away. It's kind of sad to have to break that tradition.

Today and our birthday are both always very difficult for our family. In some ways, that's probably a good sign; as long as thinking about her still hurts, it means that she's still an important person in our lives, right?

Anyway, I don't believe in any sort of God or afterlife or anything, but if you're the prayer-sending type and you'd like to send up a little prayer for Sylvie today, I'd genuinely appreciate the thought. :smile:
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi hun i am a twin too so i know that connection Your twin will always be with you hun in your heart and soul I am sorry you cannot be there with your parents on this day. I think the pain will always be there hun but i hope you can also remember her some happiness inside. Hugs to you and yes i will pray for your twin and you hun for that special connection that never can be taken away even in death hun hugs
  3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I am so sorry for your loss. Maybe, since you cannot go to her grave, you can do something in her memory...that is another way to have her spirit live on...and yes, I am the prayer-sending type, so I did say a prayer for her and you on this day
  4. 1Lefty

1Lefty Well-Known Member

You and your family have my sincere condolences. I haven't lost a sibling, so I have no point of references besides my other losses.

You're in a good place with people who care, and that's important when you're hurting.

Please keep posting
  5. Mortal Moon

Mortal Moon Well-Known Member

Thank you all for your kind responses. I had a long phone chat with my mom yesterday, which was therapeutic for both of us. I've decided to visit Sylvie belatedly when I go home for Christmas. Maybe it seems silly or superstitious, but... I don't know, I guess it helps.

Thank you all again.