18 Tage

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by SuchstDeinemTraum, Jan 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Means 18 days.

I have been away 18 days... In hospital... In therapy... In 'care'... Now I get released each day from Hospital where I go. Do they not understand my family is cause of most problems? :sad:

They 'want to help' but... They just ignore what I say all the time... It feels like it... It looks like it... It is all about 'action plans' and 'self-help'... But I do not have the strength to fight alone...

I am sorry for any I have worried. It has been a hard time and a busy time.

2. SpencerA

SpencerA Well-Known Member

hey nik, have those 18 days helped you at all? and if there are problems with your family is there anywhere else you could stay? other family members? friends?
    how old are you?
  3. fromthatshow

fromthatshow Staff Alumni

fucking hospitals.
    Sometimes they don't listen... they just want to get you out most places.
    Hope you can find a therapist that really listens. I've found one, they are out there!
  4. midnight08

midnight08 Member

Family's can suck at times,they don't understand
    Hope you can work through your problems and make some sort of a life for your self.....do it for you ...not your family
  5. Hurted

Hurted Well-Known Member

Hope that you are going to feel better soon.
  6. Stranger1

Stranger1 Forum Buddy & Antiquities Friend

I found out in my case not to tell family anything. They have been more supportive since I went quiet. I don't tell them anything because they just don't comprehend mental illness, it's tabboo.
    I especially don't tell my sister who I live with anything because she tells all her friends what I say. She says it's how she deals with the stress of it. So I told her I will keep it to myself. I only talk about it with my therapist. Hell I can't even talk to my shrink about it. You open your mouth and he cuts you right off so he can hear himself talk.
    I don't know if that would work in your case. I have learned though that if you are going to get therapy you have to be open and honest. I tell her everything. She won't talk about suicide because if you come across the wrong way she is obligated to have you picked up for mental eval. I don't know if any of this helped. Take care!!~Joseph~
  7. HOW

HOW Well-Known Member

Hey, if you want to talk to someone in German, feel free to pm me.
  8. Warrior2089

Warrior2089 Active Member

My mom is the exact same way which is why I never tell her that I occasionally think of suicide. Me and my oldest brother have similiar problems (he has it more severely than I do); which is social anxiety. She's all nice to me and my bro when we text her but then she goes off and whines to everyone else at how annoying it is. Then when my brother tells her not to tell something to us in his texts; GUESS WHAT, SHE TELLS US. EVERY SINGLE TIME. That's why I never trust her. She's like a damn drama queen.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.