Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. New Member

I'm 17 and recently moved to Florida because of a divorce. Ever since then I have been more depressed then I ever been in my life. My dad, which also has been my best friend has been told he only has three months to live, my mom left us, and me and my gf broke up of two years. I have no friends in Florida, and no one to care or love me, and I just dont feel the need to move on. I haven't cried since I was nine but constantly I just feel horrible. I shouldn't even be thinking about this but I figured I have no one in this world, and if something does happen to my dad then i'm going with him. I'd take my life now but I dont want him to have to live through it. I just hate everything. Life is a joke, and i cant stand living here. I just want to sleep all day, and wait for the day to end to start the same shit tomorrow hoping something will change. I dont even know why im posting this. im not expecting responses back. I just wanted to get my feelings out. I keep everythig built in, not letting no one see how I really feel because I dont want to worry anyone. I cant take much more of this.
  2. Insignificant

Insignificant Account Closed

ryan first off i want to :welcome: u to the forum here. we're really glad you have opened up to us and want you to know we'll support you pro life of course that we can.

i am really sorry to hear that things are so tough right now. life just isn't fair sometimes. i guess u could say it's up to us to make the most of what we've been given even if it's not very much. please hang in there and continue to vent as you need we'll be here.

please please take care
  3. Syd

Syd Guest

It's unfortunate what's happened, but think about how far you've come. If you leave now you'll miss out on being an adult and a lot of great experiences in life. Consider waiting until you're older and have at least enjoyed being on your own and finding some new friends before making that decision.

Your father would want you to stay, and I believe it will be hard at first, but you'll thank yourself later. You may have an important purpose in life, even if you can't see it right now. Help out your dad, and be the one to continue living and succeed, even after he's gone. That would make him proud. Good luck.
  4. KyleKW

KyleKW Well-Known Member

Something very similar happened to a buddy of mine senior year of high school. His mother ran off with another man, his father was diagnosed with cancer and refused treatment (dying right before graduation), his GFs parents made her break up with him (because they felt his family was immoral), and his beloved car burst into flames one evening on his way to church (of all places). He came from a very conservative, religious family... these things undermined his entire life.

Like him, you are only 17... it's totally unfair and cruel, what you're going through, but you owe it to yourself to have a real chance in the world. Am not going to kid you, there is a more pain and a lot of work ahead of you, it might take some 'blind faith' in yourself but fight hard. You're a boy against issues than alot of men cannot handle, get through them and you'll be very strong. Your depression sounds like it's more from the circumstances (like me), not necessarily medical, please work hard to get some stability for yourself... then re-evaluate your place in this world. You probably have an important role in life, just don't know it yet.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.