19 years old with depression

Discussion in 'Welcome' started by european boi, Apr 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. european boi

european boi Member

Good day.

I've joined this forum because i feel like i need to tell someone my problems, since suicide has been around my mind for the last two months.

For the last half year my life's been a mess.

It all started when i developed acne. I used to have a few pimples like everyteenager, but in the last 6 months my acne has gotten so much worse, now i have severe cystic acne, and i've been on antibiotics for it, but it didn't improve anything.

<Mod Edit, WildCherry>
    This two problems, combined with the fact that im 5'7,that i've been failing at college after being a very succesful student (im studying two careers), and love problems, have made my life a mess, and im pretty depressed right now.

Sorry for my english and thanks for reading my story.

2. Morisha

Morisha Active Member

Your life reminds me of mine right now.

Well I can't help you much because I'm in the same situation but I can give you some tips to lift your mood up a bit.
    Did you look up for a therapist,already ? If not,do It as soon as possible.
    We can give you a few answers here but a consultant can definitly help you in a more successful way.
    Go look them definitely up in your surrounding area/hometown.

Hope the best for you! Keep going on,be strong!

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

You are at college there will be a councilor there to talk to ok. See if you can get some tutoring to help your grades or perhaps you can drop a few subjects and pick them up later thus giving you more time to study on the ones you have kept. I hope you continue to reach out ok here and in rl there is support for you hun go to school councilor ok get some help

4. LostInMyDaydreams

LostInMyDaydreams Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum, I'm pretty new here myself. Hope you find what you're looking for on here. Remember when I was nineteen when my depression started, same goes with my suicidal thoughts. Hope things in college for you gets better. hugs!

5. european boi

european boi Member

Thanks everybody for answering.

It feels good to tell somebody my problems because i dont feel confortable talking with my friends and family about my depression and acne and that kind of things.

My bad grades are result of having zero self steem, i cant concentrate while studying, lots of times i dont go to classes, instead i stay in my room because i dont want to go out etc.

Right now im trying my best to overcome my problems, but as of now i havent had much succeed, so i feel like everyday im getting more and more depressed

6. ing_a

ing_a New Member

Hi, do you mind me asking where in Europe you are from? I am European as well..

I'm sure there is some mental health services available at your campus! It is worth giving it a shot, talking with someone professional I mean. I'm in college now as well, and even though I dreaded it, I did end up going to see a therapist in my school. You should too :) It can help.

7. skinnylove911

skinnylove911 Well-Known Member

Do you think it would be worth speaking to your mental health services at your college for assistance and see if they can help you?

8. european boi

european boi Member

Im from spain, and i dont know if there's somebody to talk to in college, but that would be no problem since everything related to health services is free in spain.

But i don't know why im embarrased to talk about my deppresion, my family and friends know that lately i've been deppresed but i wouldn't be comfortable talking about it.

That's the main reason i joined this forum, to being able to talk about my problems with somebody so that i can feel a lil bit better and hear your advices and your support

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.