1am and I have that feeling

Discussion in 'Midnight Owl' started by Kobosis, Apr 19, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kobosis

Kobosis Member

So it's around 1 am for me right now when writing this and I have been suffering from crippling lonley ness of a couple if months now.

I'm not alone as I have a girlfriend only a few hours drive from me but that's not always a possibility to go see her.

It just feels like I'm all alone and no one ever wants to just be there for me to talk to, I feel like I don't have anyone to turn to and that if this carrys on I will resort back to self harming and that is the last thing I want to do, not just for me bit for my girlfriend too.

Life is getting very unbearable right now and the only time I feel like I'm worth anything is when I'm with my girlfriend.....

What's wrong with me ? :(

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Are you able to talk to your doctor get some help some therapy to get you out of this sadness you are in. It does help to talk to someone it is good you are talking here because most here understand loneliness feeling Hope you continue to reach out here and in real life for support hugs

3. Kobosis

Kobosis Member

I've never really been the kind of person who asks for help, I normally just deal with it myself and bottle away an emotions that come from it.

I feel safe chatting with people here as everyone has there own bug to bear and I know there are people I can turn to here..

Thank you total.. I really appreciate you just being here.

C

4. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Kobosis, loneliness is hurtful and sometimes hard to deal with. Do not suffer alone, but please posting as thee are a lot people here who help you.

Please take care and look after yourself.

5. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I'm sorry to hear you're feeling this way, and I know how much being lonely can suck. If you need someone to talk to at any time, feel free to message me. I know it's not the same as having someone there to talk with you, but I'll listen and give advice the best way I can.

6. BlueSky

BlueSky Member

Feeling alone is the worst... Always remember that there will always be someone here to turn to if you feel like you need advice or someone to listen and not judge. I'm always open so PM me or anyone else here.

7. Kobosis

Kobosis Member

Just wanted to thank everyone for the support, you guys and girls make things a lot easier.

8. loneland

loneland Member

Hello Kobosis. I hope you have been able to spend some time with your loved one and feel at least a little better. There is nothing wrong with you. It can just be painful to learn how to take care of our emotional selves.

One thought I had reading your post is the difference between isolation and loneliness. What I mean is, for me, I am not necessarily always lonely when I am isolated. Likewise, I often feel alone when I'm surrounded by people.

If you feel that being around others really does help you to feel connected, perhaps it would be nice for you to put some energy into relationships in other aspects of your life. Not that your girlfriend shouldn't be central, but no one person can fulfill every social need one has. It might even be good for your relationship to find social outlets elsewhere. I found that this was helpful for both my husband and myself. On the other hand, if you feel that your loneliness pervades even through your social life, you may be facing a different problem, altogether. Do you have a good doctor or therapist you can ask about this? I would say, also, to be careful about extending yourself to help others, too much. Helping others and being an ear for them can be extremely rewarding, but make sure you feel you receive as much as you give, or you'll feel more exhausted and lonely.

Of course, I can't pretend to really understand your situation or how you feel. Just some thoughts based on what I've learned through my own experience. Hope that's okay and that you've at least been able to feel something other than loneliness in the meantime.

9. BernardFoster

BernardFoster Active Member

i always have those lonely nights and I dont have a girlfriend which make everything worst

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.