1st time I've made myself puke

Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodsmoke

DAMN.

And yet at the same time- I really went nuts eating today and so WHOO it's not in there anymore!

I know in the end it's dumb. But I am clinically overweight (BADLY) and I can't help but think this is the only way when I binge.

But to all bulimics: How do you deal with the constant feeling of nausea after you've thrown up? I can barely stand right now, though I've had a headache all day which isn't helping any.

Don't bother telling me 'don't do it don't do it.' I know all the arguments against it and I've given them multiple times myself.

But we all know eating problems don't follow common sense.

Just any tips on dealing with the nausea?

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
Don't start this you will cause so much damage to your esophagus lining teeth if you want to lose weight go to a dietitian and get help don't abuse your body by doing what you have started hugs

Sadeyes

Staff Alumni
My advise is to deal with the ED and not the symptoms...it is much better to see what you can do to see what stresses you to get to that point...J

Androgyny

No tips for the nausea, other than "you get used to it". If that's really where you want to go.... I can't advise you, but I can tell you it's not worth it.

Woodsmoke

Really trying to take all this into account now, since I did it for a second time last night and my throat feels awful and so does my stomach after eating breakfast... even the morning after.

I just had to get rid of all the chocolate I ate. How in hell do I stop bingeing?????

Allie123

Honestly, if you keep letting yourself purge, the bingeing will only get worse. I used to binge occasionally, until I figured out how to throw up.. and all of a sudden it was like a free pass to binge always. And even now that I'm mostly good about not throwing up anymore, bingeing is so ignrained in me as a way to cope, that it's difficult to stop.

I don't know.. probably not what you wanted to hear.. but yea. Good luck.

Really trying to take all this into account now, since I did it for a second time last night and my throat feels awful and so does my stomach after eating breakfast... even the morning after.

I just had to get rid of all the chocolate I ate. How in hell do I stop bingeing?????
A mix of willpower and figuring out why it is that you turn to it in the first place.

stuckinchicago6

First off, throwing up is terrible. I have struggled with bulimia since I was 10. Not so much binges, but just purging. I have had sooo many problems. The best advice I can give is not to throw up. Just watch what you eat. Small meals through out the day are better than big meals. Otherwise, if you insist, to be safe, if you are going to throw up make sure to chew Tums antacids both before and after throwing up, so you don't feel so bad and your teeth don't get sooo much acid on them. Also, remember to drink lots of water after throwing up because it can dehydrate you and I have been in the hospital before because of dehydration.

Lexicon

Hi.
So, as you've said, you don't want to hear about "don't do it" etc. Look, I'm going to do the usual platitudes - don't, I've been bulimic for 7 years and I've tried to kill myself several times, mostly as a direct result. It's trashed my relationships, my temper (which is non-existent), binges get worse, teeth hurt, headaches, no period despite being at a normal weight (my hormones are utterly screwed) and generally, it's hell. So if you can fight it, if there is any part of you fighting, do it.

But if you're going to ignore me, I'm happy to disclose what 7 years of this has done and the "tricks of the trade". Drink a lot of water, before, during and after. Helps it come up, and also keeps you hydrated afterwards. You'll need antiacid and antiwind, plus a very good painkiller. Keep water on you at all times, and some cough medicine so when you get dizzy you can claim a cold. DO NOT brush your teeth immediately afterwards, use mouthwash then brush about an hour later. Be careful about WHAT you eat, it makes a difference. Chocolate, for example, I find a total bitch to throw up. Cut your nails to avoid lacerating your throat. If you eat crisps, chew 'em properly. Get some disinfectant for your hands to get the germs etc off them, or you could give yourself a nasty infection. Work out where your gag reflex is, the perfect spot, to make the whole affair quicker and easier. Don't stand up too fast, you'll pass out. Your periods could get very heavy, make sure you have a LOT of stuff on hand. Bear in mind you can only puke about 50% of the calories in any one thing - so count your calories after the binge, work out where you're at, or you'll freak at weight maintenance/gain. Try to consciously binge, don't make it a passive habit, make sure you WANT what you're binging on.

So. There you go. For the record? I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy. And for everyone who is wondering why the hell I'm giving advice? Because I wish someone had done for me. I'm falling apart, and I wish I'd been able to keep safe(r) with this stupid bloody nightmare.

Oh and by the way, I'm dying from this illness now. Thought you should know. Please fight it, I beg you, with everything you have, please PLEASE fight this.

Lex.

Woodsmoke

I am so so sorry for what's happened to you. *hugs*

I HAVE been to the doctor today, been put forward for special counselling and been given a new type of medication. I think I rather upset her when I told her about the purging >_< done it 3 times this week. DAMMIT. AGAIN.

So I am trying my best to deal with it. :) thankyou greatly for the advice, Lexicon. I just needed the information for when I fail. Extremely grateful.

Lexicon

Heya,
I'm so glad you went to the doctor. It's a huge step, well done. I really, really hope they can get you help before this gets completely out of control for you. If you have anything you want to ask, or just someone to talk to, PM me any time, yeah? Hope things get better for you.

Lex.

The Unforgiven

erm.. drink water.. lotz of watr whenever youi fel hungry.. an look up the lemon water detox online, and zubztitute that for food whenever you feel a binge comimg on. itz yucky enough to curb appetite. helpz me, hope it helpz you too. :hug:

zorry for the typoz, my kitten got a letter off my laptop, zo im im zubzitutuing with z..

Woodsmoke

I appreciate the advice for the pain- it doesn't matter to me what you call it, self harm or tummy bug, I just needed to know what to do. Many thanks. :)

I understand your concern adam, but I never really pay much attention to how someone words a reply, as long as they're polite and helpful. :)

I tried to be bulimic last week...I don't think my gag reflexes work properly because I couldn't do it. 5 times, I stuck my hand down my throat. 5 times, nothing happened. I had a little feeling in my throat, but no food came up. I wuold help you, but I don't know how to since I've never succeeded. <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00