2 year old addicted to cigarrettes smokes 2 packs a day.

Discussion in 'Soap Box' started by boo, May 28, 2010.

?

Who is the true culprit?

1. The tobacco companies.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. The clueless parents.

24 vote(s)
    88.9%
  3. Blame it on Canada.

3 vote(s)
    11.1%
  4. This is none of Boo's concern! Leave those parents alone!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Smoking 2 year old causes global concern.

A 2 year old tot from Indonesia, is addicted to nicotine, and has a 2 pack a day habit. Ardi Rizal, had his first smoke when he was just 1 1/2 years old. His dad, 30 year old Mohammed Rizal, is unconcerned and said his son appears healthy to him. (Someone please slap this guy)

The chain smoking tot is apparently not too healthy. He is obese, and has to use one of his toy trucks to navigate and keep up with other children.

His mother, 26 year old Diana Rizal, said she knows he has an addiction, but if he doesn’t get his smokes, he gets mad and yells. He also slams his head against walls and tells her he feels ill and dizzy. (Someone please slap this broad)

Some public officials in Sumatra are worried about the child. They offered to buy the family an automobile if they would help Ardi stop the habit. It did not happen.
    The video of the tiny chain smoker puffing has become one of those immediate sensations on the web. It has caused a global outcry, especially from anti-tobacco groups. (Someone please slap these sensational losers) ... Where's the Anti-Dumb-Ass parents group?
    Matthew Meyers, who is the president of Tobacco Free Kids, said the sale of nicotine is projected to rise in Indonesia and Vietnam because the are inexpensive and they include little tax. Meyers also stated that there is data that shows that some families in Indonesia that are considered low income, spend 12% of their income on products that are tobacco related. He also feels that tobacco companies are treating these areas as new markets for growth.

Link

This is why some people need to be strerilized. Wtf is wrong with people nowadays? If they raise hell against the Tobacco companies for this then it will shows how stupid people are. Cause if they can't see the true source of the problem then this world is doomed...

This requires a Facepalm

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2010
  2. Just_a_guy

Just_a_guy Well-Known Member

Facepalm indeed, especially after what the father is saying about the health of the kid.

This kinda reminds me of the world's smallest man who recently died of something related to smoking...

3. MadeOfGlass

MadeOfGlass Well-Known Member

It's the parent's fault. Really, if it weren't for the parents, how would an 18 month old get ahold of a cigarette, light, and know how to smoke it? Then they kept giving him them until he was completely addicted. It's just sad and sick and wrong. Poor kid.

4. boo

boo Well-Known Member

I can see the baby's photo album already. Baby's first step, word and cigarette.

5. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Canada and the parents are equally to blame.

6. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

That's terrible. :sad: I agree with not_an_angel he must've learnt it from his parents, so they're mostly to blame.

7. Issaccs

Issaccs Well-Known Member

The irony is that if his parents can afford to waste to packs of cigs on a baby in Indonesia he'll probably still be one of the healthiest kids in the country once you filter out malnutrition and infections.

8. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

What's up with the father?! "Healthy"?! :eek:hmy:

9. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

well, shit... if it's only a baby-- it's the parent's fault obviously 0__o

Where the hell would a baby *get* cigarettes to begin with?! XD
    I hope child services takes care of it... it's tiny little lungs probably can't take much FIRST HAND SMOKE -__-
    just...
    what the hell >< ...no.

10. kitanai

kitanai Well-Known Member

2 yrs old is insane i thought i was bad starting at 9

11. Prinnctopher's Belt

Prinnctopher's Belt Antiquities Friend SF Supporter

Child abuse. Ignorance is not an excuse... Your baby is a fat ass jabba who gets winded so much so that he can't even walk, he needs to use a vehicle to keep up with healthy kids. And all this idiot had to say was "well he looks healthy..." A fatass jabba who can't even walk looks healthy? Lord knows what his lungs look like, and many additional problems, including mental addictions that he will never know better than or be able to control by the time he hits six! He's stuck on this like a pacefier or a bottle.

Shit don't make no god damned sense. I don't know how Indonesian law is but these people need to be prosecuted and the child must be adopted away to a family who actually cares for him. Or else he will be in a grave before he can add.

12. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

Totally agreed with you there.

Thing is I did not find this shocking, have we become that de censored to life that nothing shocks us? Or is it a case of emotionally detaching yourself from it

13. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

that kid needs to be taken off his so-called parents pronto...put into de-tox at the age of 2 !!!!!!?????
    and the parents need locking up ..they don't appear to have brain between them..

14. Datura

Datura Well-Known Member

If only my childhood was so enriched.

15. neohume

neohume Well-Known Member

if someone can become famous for smoking ciggy's, good on 'em.:wink:
    im kidding of coarse, its kinda tragic, but certainly bad parenting(v.bad)

16. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Uncle Sam wants you. :lol!:

17. ZombiePringle

ZombiePringle Forum Buddy and Antiquities Friend

Yeah I'm blamed Canada... But only because I think secretly the parents are canadian...and the parents are the real ones to blame here.

18. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Terrence and Phillip said hello.

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2010
  19. shades

shades Staff Alumni

If this is true it's on the parents but I'm not even sure I believe this! Is there a video of the kid smoking, taking into his lungs, exhaling? Or could this be some kind of sick publicity stunt?

Do they role their own there? If so, does he role his own?

The issue I'm most worried about, if this is true, is that he might fall asleep with a cigarette in bed and start a fire....YES, I"M KIDDING!

Also, if he is smoking...will his habit increase during the World Cup? Does he smoke when they're changing his diapers? This is important because there is alot of gas involved in that and there could potentially be a small explosion.

Also, sometimes kids like to drink and smoke at the same time. Is he drinking light beer at least? I wouldn't want him to get too fat...OH...too late. Maybe that's it...they got him on cigs so that he'll lose weight.

Sorry...I'm done with mocking this situation for the time being...I don't believe a word of it. Oh wait, no I'm not.

Oh...they want to get in to the Guiness Book of Records...I think you get a prize or something!

Maybe it's an experiment and he's competing against 3,4 and 5 year olds.

Maybe the parents can't afford to feed him (as we can see he eats alot) and the cigs are cheaper.

Please...it's bullshit!

20. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Link from MSNBC , i think it's a reliable source with video. And Youtube keep removing the video...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.