2008 isn't looking too good so far

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by theleastofthese, Jan 29, 2008.

1. theleastofthese

theleastofthese SF Friend Staff Alumni

I've been thru detox and am still fighting the bottle. My van was hit and badly damaged last week and I'm sick as a dog with a bad cold. I hope the rest of the new year goes better than the first four weeks.:sad: Financial depression on top of mental depression is unmanageble. Suicide is only an escape fantasy cause I promised I wouldn't do that to my kids and dogs. So I'm forced to stay alive, barely, tho I don't call this 'living', it's just existing.:sad:

2. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

Can very much relate to this, 2008 feels like it came up and smashed me over the head.
    Have to ask myself, can it get any worse:blink:
    Hang in there hun and know you have a friend who knows exactly how you feel. Only wish I could make it all go away. :hug:

3. The_Discarded

The_Discarded Staff Alumni

Sorry that so much has been thrown at you. Stay strong, you're in my thoughts :hug:

4. theleastofthese

well on top of still feeling sick, I went out to go somewhere this afternoon and my van wouldn't start. So now I have to get that fixed...:sad::mad: Every time I think it can't get any worse, it does. I feel cursed. So now the jobs from early this week that I rescheduled for tomorrow and Friday may not happen if the van needs more than a 'jump start'.:sad: If it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have no luck at all...

5. Allo..

Allo.. Well-Known Member

hang in there least, you'll get through this :hug:

6. theleastofthese

I just paid $40 to have the van jump started, the last money I have, and I let it run for a while to charge up the battery, then I just wnet out five minutes ago and it would n't start. I have no more money and can't get to my job this afternoon to make any more. I'm ready to just give up. I can't take anymore shit.:sad::sad::sad:

7. Dave_N

Dave_N Guest

You should have bought one of those battery jumpers. I picked up one for about $40 and it works great.

8. *dilligaf*

*dilligaf* Staff Alumni

I SO know what you mean here hun :sad: :hug:

I'm sorry you are having such a hard time at the moment. I am always around if you need someone to talk to. Feel free to PM, email, or MSN me at any time.

We can all help you through this like you've helped us through our bad times.

Thinking of you :arms:

9. SmilePretty

SmilePretty Staff Alumni

that hits close to home. it tears me up inside to hear that you are struggling so much. you are in my thoughts and prayers. :hug: i am here for you if you EVER need to talk.

you have been there for me in the past, and it is more than right for me to return the offer.

2008 seems to be a bad beginning for a lot of people, but keep on keepin' on hun, you are so strong. :hug:

10. theleastofthese

Well for the bargain price of $163.24 I got a new battery in my van so it should start every time i get in it... so far... Now all I need is... somewhere to go...:blink: And something to do once I get there... that makes money, hopefully...:unsure::blink:

11. SmilePretty

SmilePretty Staff Alumni

:hug:

you will find something hun