2009 only started but im going down.

Discussion in 'Help Me! I Need to Talk to Someone.' started by Ijustneedhelp, Jan 15, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ijustneedhelp

Ijustneedhelp New Member

Ok i would like to start off by saying im 17 and ive had some things building up inside me for a long time now.My fears are busy driving me to suicide and im getting closer with every passing week.Whats your fears?People,learning to drive,being so pathetic i must get a job now but dont even know if i have the gust to go for an interview.How did this all happen?Well im south african and my parents moved to new zealand nearly 2 years ago now but it still feels like i stepped off the plane into this country only yesterday.I never had these fears.I have no friends now people my own age dont take me seriously.I mean the people here are bigger then me and what i mean by bigger is that south african people are smallish by nature.Im not talking midget small but not like in america or here.They all think im a little kid its driving me insane.I really want to end my life before i fail at so many things at once that i break down into nothing.And dying once would be easier then facing all my failed attempts at stuff in one moment.Im afraid that would break me as a person :(

2. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

Welcome to SF. Sounds like there are many things that are overwhelming you right now. Perhaps you can wait on some of them, like getting a driver's license. You can do that when you feel better. And getting a job, that can wait too. Just wondering, are you still in school? The other thing I wanted to say is that you can overcome these feelings of suicide, but it takes time and work, and in my case, professional help. Is there anyone you can talk to? Would you be willing to get a counsellor or therapist to help you out? I know it's a big scary step to reach out for help but it is so worth it. You are worth it.

3. ~Claire

~Claire Well-Known Member

Hi there & welcome to SF,

All these fears must be overwhelming you at the moment & that can be scary. You haven't failed at anything, you're still here & trying to get help.

Sometimes when you have so many worries going through your head it can be quite hard to try & make sense of them all.

Would it be helpful for you to perhaps make a list of everything & then work on 1 issue at a time rather than have everything locked in your head? You can start with little things & eventually progress onto bigger things. If you're in a position to see a counsellor or therapist either through school, college etc then they could also help with your fears.

And remember, as Dazzle said you are worth it :hug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.