2010 cruel right to the end

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by MikeAllen1973, Dec 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeAllen1973

MikeAllen1973 Member

A woman just contacted me on facebook, i spoke to her for 25/30 minutes, we seemed to get on. Turns out she runs a recruitment agency 2 towns away. After we closed the conversation i was feeling really positive.

5 mins later i get an inbox.

"Soz hun, after speaking to you i thought no, i'm not really interested in getting to know this person actually"

I could'nt believe that 2 people could share such a short conversation and be so far away from each others thinking.

It's 20:45 in the UK on New Years Eve. I'm in bed typing this through tears, i've just deleted my facebook account and i hope to god i don't wake up.

My thoughts go out to all the people on this forum who are suffering right now, especially on what should be a happy time.

X

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

i am sorry for your sadness i hope you rest well and tomorrow you will have a new day a better day Just want you to know you are not alone okay many here understand what you are feeling and send hugs to you take care okay she is only one person and it is her loss for not knowing you:hugtackles::hugtackles:

3. ~Young-Violet~

~Young-Violet~ Banned Member

I'm sorry to hear you are having such a difficult time tonight, even though new years eve it under 3 hours away :hug: I know it must seem so hard to find some thing positive in you right now but trust me, you are not alone. She doesn't seem like a very caring person if she is going to say something so insensitive to you, there are so many other people out there, who I am sure are willing to be your friend :hugtackles:
    I hope the new year brings you peace and blessings stay strong, where here for you.

4. CatherineC

CatherineC Staff Alumni

Shouldn't you be glad that you found out how shallow she is now and not when you'd got further into a relationship?
    I don't want to upset you and I know that you're in a real depression but you're over reacting to this. You don't need a woman like that in your life so be glad she's not going to be.
    You don't know what this year will bring, it might bring something good, it might be the year that changes your life.
    Sending hugs
    xxxxxx

5. MikeAllen1973

MikeAllen1973 Member

Anything knocks the stuffing out of me now

6. Fitzy

Fitzy Well-Known Member

Sending warm thoughts. X

7. LincolnToon

LincolnToon Member

A woman just contacted me on facebook, i spoke to her for 25/30 minutes, we seemed to get on. Turns out she runs a recruitment agency 2 towns away. After we closed the conversation i was feeling really positive.

5 mins later i get an inbox.

"Soz hun, after speaking to you i thought no, i'm not really interested in getting to know this person actually"

I could'nt believe that 2 people could share such a short conversation and be so far away from each others thinking.

It's 20:45 in the UK on New Years Eve. I'm in bed typing this through tears, i've just deleted my facebook account and i hope to god i don't wake up.

My thoughts go out to all the people on this forum who are suffering right now, especially on what should be a happy time.

X

Mike, please dont take that personally. Facebook et al is basically being used as a marketing tool so don't take it to heart. The depression hurts a lot but please do not allow crap from stupid social networks to make things worse for you mate x

8. Raphael1

Raphael1 Well-Known Member

You deleted your facebook account altogether? wow that's extreme for a girl u talked to for only 30 minutes.

My girlfriend shut down her account on a site I see her at. way to start the new year....

9. DMOS

DMOS Member

This woman sounds like a witch and not the type of person you should be associated with, anyways.
    However, I come from a background of low self esteem so I fully understand what it's like to take everything personally, even when you know deep down that you should let it slide.
    Just do your best (I know it's sometimes hard) to think of just ONE thing you like about yourself and that those people are missing out on. You ARE amazing and someone else will undoubtedly see that :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.