2010: High points and low points?

Discussion in 'The Coffee House' started by Perfect Melancholy, Dec 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Perfect Melancholy

Perfect Melancholy SF Friend

What where your high's and low's from this year? And what would you like to do in 2011?

High point for me, was my Niece being born and spending more time with my sister.

Low point: My friend being Killed in Afgan in February still a hard thing too think about.

2011 Start from the beggining and put the past in the past, tomorrow will become whatever decision you make.
  2. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

High points: Getting into college when I really didn't expect to and actually enjoying it. Starting meds.. was a turning point for me and I cope a lot better than I thought possible now. Meeting my boyfriend for the first time although we're not together anymore.

Low points: Mum coming into some money and being drunk 24/7 for quite a while, was a nightmare. Realizing that I can't function in a relationship.
  3. CatherineC

CatherineC Staff Alumni

High Point - Winning a Union case and saving the members job. We were all convinced that he'd be sacked but I put up a good enough argument to save him. Six months later and people are still congratulating me over it. (It was a very difficult case)
    Low Point - Another depressive period, 3 months this time which is better than the last one which lasted 6 months. Coming out of it now though, thank goodness.
  4. victor

victor Account Closed

high point: sometime this year looking thru the window of my chairmans suite in hilton hotel at mk dons stadium, with a load of bank notes all over the place and big pile of cocaine on the table thinkin wether to take a cab to go to london to see my friend before goin to the club tonite lol
    low point: righ now, in my bed wondering where to get any money 4 anything lol
    next year: to get my shit together and no more woman 4 me. ever
  5. Little_me

Little_me Well-Known Member

High points:
    *Recovering. I said goodbye to my eating disorder on my 18th b-day and it was the best feeling in the world.
    *2 travels, 2 new handbags!

Low points:
    *School. I'm not as productive as I wish to be.
  6. boo

boo Well-Known Member

Lows :
    Still alive
    Denied of any unemployment insurance money
    Got more in debts

Highs :
    Finally found good methods
  7. aoeu

aoeu Well-Known Member

Good: Fell in love with Elizabeth; found cure for bipolar disorder (with help from Elizabeth)

Bad: Found out that it would take an extra year to graduate from the U of T on account of their restrictive policies, meaning I need to return to Edmonton

2011: Hoping to complete two full semesters at the U of A, ace the GRE, and apply for and work a high-paying job over the summer
  8. MistyMaisy

MistyMaisy Well-Known Member

Good: Became closer to friends, and made new ones! :3
    Bad: Grounded for two years.
    Hoping: Learn more. :D
  9. KittyGirl

KittyGirl Well-Known Member

High Point: Started new medication - continued therapy - hoping for hope.

Low Points: Still unable to smile naturally. Still unattracted to everyone. Attempted 7 more times. Unable to get a job. Still unable to leave the house. 3 family members passed away. I'll leave it at that, I guess...

2011: I want to feel normal. please.
  10. GreyCat

GreyCat Well-Known Member

This whole year has been a low point. An uneventful, empty period of time, that I can't really remember, where I have stagnated. I feel its been a complete waste of time, and I am really stuck in this rut.

The only positive thing I can say is that I've started taking meds. Dont know how it will turn out. I need to get back to the world in 2011.
  11. MadeOfGlass

MadeOfGlass Well-Known Member

Getting good grades in 8th grade
    Spending 2 weeks in Germany
    Having a really fun holiday weekend on Thanksgiving
    My soccer team winning the league championship
    Finding SF

Attempted twice
    Started cutting
    9th grade has been really hard

Going to Europe with my bff!
    Hopefully going to do better next semester
  12. foreverforgotten

foreverforgotten Well-Known Member

High points: going to washington to see my aunt and cousin.
    going to spend a week with dad in the pine.
    Low points: criticism from my last job. my best friend of 7 years
    becoming a complete bitch. being alone. social anxiety reached an all time high.
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2010
  13. PiecesMended

PiecesMended Well-Known Member

Highs Getting into college and making better friends than ever.
    Got a better councillor. My Chemical Romance's new album. Getting back in touch with my brother and his boyfriend and getting to know them again, even if it was for a bad reason really. I met a couple of really great friends. Am currently quitting cutting.

Lows My brother going missing for two weeks again, I thought he'd actually done it this time. My relationship with my mum has gone to shit. Finding out that my 'friends' are kind of using me. Started smoking. One of my brothers and I arguing alot through no fault of my own. Realising how little my parents notice or listen to me ever. Finding out that I have a chromosome deletion and my mother constantly going on about it and ignoring me. My dad's friend being diagnosed with diabetes and brain cancer on the same day.

2011 Try and work on relationship with parents. Be more confident and be myself - people seem to like it as much as I do. :mhmm: Stay in contact with my bro and his bf. Meet up with our other brother and be the one to call him for a chat or we'll lose contact.
  14. gakky1

gakky1 Well-Known Member

High point(?)- Moved into a better neighborhood and place.

Low point(s)- Quit my job of 14 years over 4 months ago creating a state of isolation I never knew exsisted.:nerves:
  15. Avarice

Avarice Well-Known Member

High Points: Spent more time with my sister, became a little more self-sufficient, got my issues partly diagnosed, was put on meds & became eligible for ESA.
    Low Points: Rehoming my puppy, realising my best friend doesn't really care about me, making an idiot of myself last night and getting rejected like I knew I would.
    2011: Nothing good can come of 2011.
  16. peacelovingguy

peacelovingguy Well-Known Member

Family illness, a low point.

Realising that time was precious due to the possibility of losing a loved one was, although it did not seem like it, a high point.

I suppose the main thing is the in-between as my life's highs and lows are generally short - I mean the moment of realising is quick - how you deal with it means walking a straight path rather than the hills or valleys.

Sometimes its like a tightrope - but often the fear of falling brings more pain than it would if you fell most of the time!

Anyhow, onwards and upwards eh?
  17. 1izombie

1izombie Well-Known Member

High points: The time i spent with family and friends. The last book in the scott pilgrim series, actually losing weight and eating better, the moments when i felt hope.
    Low Points: Figuring out how trusting i am and realizing people take advantage of that. Scott pilgrim movie..it sucked :( life in general especially my work and my lack of a social life or lack of interesting life, i truly live a boring life. Being alone.
  18. Nemo

Nemo Well-Known Member

high point - went on 2 holidays to dubai and amsterdam

low points - was ill most of the year, my cat died yesterday, lost friends, shut myself away most of the time, got fatter and i just didn't do anything significant.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.