1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2017 Official weigh-in thread

Discussion in 'Self Care and Healthy Lifestyles' started by Petal, Dec 29, 2016.

1. StillSurviving

StillSurviving Well-Known Member

Excellent! Keep it up and you can have something to keep you cheery all the time :)

I weighed myself today and that 1lb I wanted to lose so badly has now gone, so i've hit my target.

Time to make a new goal!

Magalee and Petal like this.
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Well done, you have done fantastic,

[​IMG]

Magalee and StillSurviving like this.
  3. StillSurviving

That yellow man has even less hair than me :p

Magalee and Witty_Sarcasm like this.
  4. StillSurviving

42 minutes on my bike today and 60 dumb bell reps - my usual is 10 mins bike, 20 dumb bell reps, but my silly body decided today was the day it was going to work and let me do all that I did with little complaint - I mean it hurt, but just like it would for anyone, not the pain I usually get. Woop!

Magalee and Petal like this.
  5. Petal

Well done my friend! That is fantastic! Keep it up without hurting your body of course. Exercise is great for the mind as well as the body. Congrats, treat yourself to something nice :) You deserve it!!

StillSurviving and Magalee like this.
  6. Petal

I am down 4lbs this week, woohoo.

7. Innocent Forever

Innocent Forever Go as long as you can. And then take another step. Chat Pro SF Supporter

Last edited: May 10, 2017
    StillSurviving and Petal like this.
  8. Magalee

Magalee Hold on to hope

Went to the doctor this morning and lost 1.5 pounds this month. I'm lucky I lost at all, as much as I've been cheating. I'm 11 pounds away from my goal weight. This is when I usually screw up, so I need to press on and clean up my eating/cheating!:)

StillSurviving likes this.
  9. sassy123

sassy123 SF hugger Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

I am up over 5 pounds I really hurt my diet this week by drinking and eating the wrong things. I wish I could live in a tipsy haze. I can't seem to get there even though I drank more than I should this week I just don't want to think. Glad to hear about all of you who have lost gives a girl hope.

10. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN SF Author

The good thing about just having an "off week" is that those 5lbs are probably a lot of water and not actual fat at all. When you eat and drink sugary or salty things, your body binds the glycogen in your blood with water. You would have had to consume thousands and thousands and thousands of calories extra to gain 5lbs of fat, so try not to beat yourself up. Its hard when you are in a bad mental state but you should congratulate yourself for even being able to think about diet and health while in that head space. *hugs*

StillSurviving, Magalee and sassy123 like this.
  11. Petal

Started the year at 138kg, now I am 128kg. That's a loss of 22lbs, damn it feels so good when doing this right :)

12. sassy123

sassy123 SF hugger Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Wow that's wonderful congratulations on all your hard work I know loosing that much weight isn't easy ❤️️ I hope you get down to the weight you want way to go hugs

13. Petal

T
    Thank you ~ it is really hard mentally and physically but I will get to the point I want to be eventually :) I hope lol

StillSurviving and sassy123 like this.
  14. Magalee

Magalee Hold on to hope

Was weighed at dr office yesterday, I lost 4.5 pounds this past month. So now I'm seven pounds away from my goal weight.:)

15. Petal

Well done my friend, that is brilliant, you can reach your goal :)

16. Magalee

Magalee Hold on to hope

Thank you! I'm actually proud of myself (for a change!;))

17. StillSurviving

Not updated in a while.

I'm now 11 st 0 lbs. That's 2 st 10 lbs lost in 10 months, although it's really slowed down now, I am 3 lbs inside the highest weight I should be.

I long to see a 10 rather than a 11 at the beginning. Maybe this Thursday when I weigh? Not sure though.

sassy123 and Innocent Forever like this.
  18. StillSurviving

Lost half a lb but not enough to tip the scales to 10st something.....so close....

Petal likes this.
  19. Petal

Keep trying @StillSurviving You can do this, believe in yourself. My recommendation would be that you join a gym :) It's fun, social and kills two birds with 1 stone :)

StillSurviving likes this.
  20. StillSurviving

Thanks.

The only problem with the gym - it costs and I only work limited hours anyway because of my health and the other issue is just that - health. I can only exercise a little, so would never get my moneys worth.

I have a bike and weights at home, so do what I can, but overdid it on Monday and hurt my foot :eek: Not terribly, but enough to give me a slight limp.

Weigh in tomorrow :confused:

Shorty92 likes this.