2017 Official weigh-in thread

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
So...for us who have a few pounds to lose or a few stones/kilos to lose let's all weigh in here weekly or monthly or whichever way ye feel comfortable doing so! I will be weighing in weekly because that keeps me motivated the most. Now that the holidays are pretty much over lets all go down and down and down at a healthy rate!! (1-2lbs a week is what is recommended)

Best of luck everyone and remember we're all in this together! If you find yourself stuck feel feel to pop on here and talk about it :)

My weigh in 29th December 21.8 stones.

Freya

Loves SF
Admin
SF Author
SF Supporter
Thanks Lynnie - I am going to weigh in the first of every month - so I will wait til Sunday to put my "official number" up. Might be good to translate to pounds/kilos for non UK/Ireland peeps? For people that do not know, 14lbs in a stone - so 21.8 stone = 302lbs = 137kg

I am aiming to lose between 52lbs and 78lbs this year. I know that is a big window lol - but it equates to a 1-1.5lb loss each week on average, which is a safe and realistic goal.

PhoenixFailed

Survivor of 2016, Fighter in 2017
SF Supporter
I'm working up the bravery to join in on this thread with my weight and goals. I gained weight after a foot surgery in early summer and am now injured on my other foot (Type 1 diabetes complicates things). I used to work out a ton to manage stress and weight, but it is hard to keep doing that with a foot injury. Eating my feelings doesn't really help either...

Freya

Loves SF
Admin
SF Author
SF Supporter
I'm working up the bravery to join in on this thread with my weight and goals. I gained weight after a foot surgery in early summer and am now injured on my other foot (Type 1 diabetes complicates things). I used to work out a ton to manage stress and weight, but it is hard to keep doing that with a foot injury. Eating my feelings doesn't really help either...
It is really hard when you used to be able to be really active and now you can't. You don't need to be brave - no judgement here :) I have been 'going' a year and am a lot lighter now than this time last year, and still have about 95lbs to lose to be a genuinely healthy weight for my height. I expect it to take at least two more years - and having buddies here helps I find :)

DrownedFishOnFire

Back into the wild where I belong. Out of your way
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter

I'm in the same boat, bad car accident and was mostly immobile and cocktail of medications I literally shot up in weight I believe in the 50lb range

PhoenixFailed

SF Supporter
I'm in the same boat, bad car accident and was mostly immobile and cocktail of medications I literally shot up in weight I believe in the 50lb range
So sorry to hear that. I know every situation has its own challenges, but for me the most frustrating thing is doing things that used to be easy. But, there is only one way for them to become easy again--keep working at it. Ugh, I mean, Joy! ;) I should be grateful I can still work toward a goal. Trying to stay positive, but I waver.

PhoenixFailed

SF Supporter
It is really hard when you used to be able to be really active and now you can't. You don't need to be brave - no judgement here :) I have been 'going' a year and am a lot lighter now than this time last year, and still have about 95lbs to lose to be a genuinely healthy weight for my height. I expect it to take at least two more years - and having buddies here helps I find :)
Thanks! I know it is not anyone here who will judge me, just recording it for my worst critic (Me!) is scary. :eek:

Here goes 1/1/17 170 lbs. Eventual goal: lose 30 pounds gained since injury.

Now to hit reply and walk away for the three minutes I can edit!

Freya

Loves SF
Admin
SF Author
SF Supporter
Thanks! I know it is not anyone here who will judge me, just recording it for my worst critic (Me!) is scary. :eek:

Here goes 1/1/17 170 lbs. Eventual goal: lose 30 pounds gained since injury.

Now to hit reply and walk away for the three minutes I can edit!
Congratulations - well done :) 30lbs is absolutely achievable and posting was brave, well done :) I dream of the day I am 170lbs so certainly no judgement here :)

PhoenixFailed

SF Supporter
Congratulations - well done :) 30lbs is absolutely achievable and posting was brave, well done :) I dream of the day I am 170lbs so certainly no judgement here :)
I know others have far bigger journeys. I know that while even my doctor said something last visit, I mostly pressure myself. However, I need to be healthier and don't have the budget to accommodate new wardrobe choices either.

Freya

Loves SF
Admin
SF Author
SF Supporter
I know others have far bigger journeys. I know that while even my doctor said something last visit, I mostly pressure myself. However, I need to be healthier and don't have the budget to accommodate new wardrobe choices either.
It does not matter how big or small the journey - getting to a point where you are happy with yourself and feel healthy is important.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Thanks Lynnie - I am going to weigh in the first of every month - so I will wait til Sunday to put my "official number" up. Might be good to translate to pounds/kilos for non UK/Ireland peeps? For people that do not know, 14lbs in a stone - so 21.8 stone = 302lbs = 137kg

I am aiming to lose between 52lbs and 78lbs this year. I know that is a big window lol - but it equates to a 1-1.5lb loss each week on average, which is a safe and realistic goal.
I have no idea how I missed this post. Yeah sure we will translate the different measurements. Your goal is very realistic and attainable, you can do this :) My goal for the year is 70lbs off but if I lost 50 I'd be happy. I am glad many people have posted here too, psych meds do cause weight gain so there is so shame in it, it's often not your fault.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00