• Both the IOS/ Apple Iphone/ Ipad and the Android/Google versions of the sites mobile app are now available for download from the resources page. The app is free for all members. This app will allow you to get notifications on your mobile device whenever a thread or forum you watch has a new post, when your thread or posts get replies, when you recive a private message, etc. The links to download the app are in the resoiurces area - https://www.suicideforum.com/community/resources/categories/example-category.1/

2018 official weigh-in thread

Petal

SF dreamer
Staff member
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
This is for anyone trying to lose weight and for those who can help and aid us to lose the weight.

Psychiatric medication can cause weight gain among many other things, people with depression/anxiety etc, can comfort eat so feel free to join in the weigh- in everyone. We can change this for 2018. I am roughly the same weight I was this time last year. I bought a new fancy weighing scales a few days ago and a diet log book and journal and everything will be accounted for. I decided to start weighing myself every Sunday to see if I can get results from doing that...off to weigh myself now!! Literally! :)

Okay 1kg lighter than when I started the 2017 diet thread. I have faith that I can do it this year and this will be my year for success.

Okay so... 21.6lbs (137kg) (302lbs)

P.S. I have a private food diary here, that might help you too.

Last edited:

AsphyxiateOnWords

Pretty rhymes break angels.
Don't be so hard on yourself for last year. Last year is over and good riddance to it. It's so difficult to keep motivation up sometimes. And yes, late is certainly better than never.

sassy123

SF hugger
Staff member
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Hugs I am starting a weight loss challenge for the month of February so I am giving up alcohol for the month except on my birthday I need one drink that day but I so want to win this challenge I could win some money maybe buy alcohol but I think if I win I would invest in more exercise classes. I want to loose 20 pounds hopefully 10 in the month of February

Petal

SF dreamer
Staff member
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Oh my GOD it's gonna be a while before I weigh myself. Really let it go over the holidays :/
Hope you guys are doing better than me! XD
Now you must weigh lol im curious now. Haha :) Think we all over did it during the holidays, that is what makes a holiday =)

MarkahMalady

Now you must weigh lol im curious now. Haha :) Think we all over did it during the holidays, that is what makes a holiday =)
It's probably not even as bad as I think, I'm just really scared because I know it's gonna be up from what it was in September before we had to move in with my parents :/ (~200, I'm 5'10" so that's top end of overweight, just under obese.)
My mom triggers my ED constantly. One minute she'll call me skinny and tell me to eat a sandwich, next minute she's implying I ate my dad's huge bucket of cashews. I'm exhausted.
Honestly though it's not abnormal for me to fluctuate from 200-300 lbs as sad as that is. I feel like if I weigh myself and I'm 220, which is possible, then I'll starve myself for a week.
I CAN get to a "healthy" weight, but usually only through some pretty fucking ridiculous restriction, since I'm a huge binge freak. Like 200 calories a day all week long, knowing I'm gonna cram in a couple 8,000 calorie weekend days.
Fml.

MarkahMalady

Ohhh my GOD @Petal !!
I'm up 23 lbs. that's like 2 lbs a week since I got here!
Beginning the starvefest I guess.
What sucks though is my new position at work is like 100% less laborious than the one I held previously. There's no way I'm gonna be able to lose as many lbs a week as I'd like when I'm only burning like 2,500 calories a day. Good thing I'm going to bed hungry right now or I'd be more upset about this than I am.

Petal

SF dreamer
Staff member
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I'm up 23 lbs. that's like 2 lbs a week since I got here!
No starving yourself hun, you can lose it in a healthy manner with patience and time. I know it is awful to see you up so much but you can lose it, as sassy said; we can all do this :)

MarkahMalady

So I ate what I thought was an unforgivable amount today, but I'm only over caloric budget by about 300 calories. It really could have been worse.
Redoubling my efforts tomorrow, gotta stay strong after work!

Petal

SF dreamer
Staff member
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
So I ate what I thought was an unforgivable amount today, but I'm only over caloric budget by about 300 calories. It really could have been worse.
Redoubling my efforts tomorrow, gotta stay strong after work!
We all have slip ups, they will happen so don't beat yourself up over it, 300 calories is not that much really, hoping for a better day for you tomorrow :)

Kolisar

SF Supporter
My dear friend @Petal told me about this thread. I have been reluctant to discuss my weight on this forum as I was embarrassed. But, with the encouragement of Petal I am here to share my experiences.

I have been morbidly obese for pretty much my entire life (I am 5’7” and 52 years old for reference). But I had always been relatively healthy. Blood pressure and cholesterol were always fine. March 1st, 2017 I went to the doctor for my annual physical and my cholesterol was very high (it had been a few years since my last physical as I had moved to another state).

I was given a choice, be prescribed medication for my cholesterol or lose weight. I do not like taking medication so I chose the latter option.

I decided to only weigh myself once per week, on Saturday morning before jumping into the shower.

On Saturday, March 4th 2017 I stepped in the scale and weighed 329.8 lbs.

I changed what I ate, making better choices and controlling portion sizes (I am not starving myself by any means, just a lot of self control). I have not started exercising yet, but I will probably have to at some point to reach my final goal.

Last Saturday, January 27, 2018 I weighed myself (I had been every Saturday but I’m not going to list all of those here, it is too many) I weighed 198.8 lbs.

So, that is 131 lbs so far in a little less than 11 months.

I still have about 50 lbs to lose (maybe less, it depends on how I look).

I can’t believe I’m am actually going to post this. I have never shared these numbers publicly and only a couple people have heard them before this.

Thank you to everyone who took the time to read all this.

sassy123

SF hugger
Staff member
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
My dear friend @Petal told me about this thread. I have been reluctant to discuss my weight on this forum as I was embarrassed. But, with the encouragement of Petal I am here to share my experiences.

I have been morbidly obese for pretty much my entire life (I am 5’7” and 52 years old for reference). But I had always been relatively healthy. Blood pressure and cholesterol were always fine. March 1st, 2017 I went to the doctor for my annual physical and my cholesterol was very high (it had been a few years since my last physical as I had moved to another state).

I was given a choice, be prescribed medication for my cholesterol or lose weight. I do not like taking medication so I chose the latter option.

I decided to only weigh myself once per week, on Saturday morning before jumping into the shower.

I changed what I ate, making better choices and controlling portion sizes (I am not starving myself by any means, just a lot of self control). I have not started exercising yet, but I will probably have to at some point to reach my final goal.

Last Saturday, January 27, 2018 I weighed myself (I had been every Saturday but I’m not going to list all of those here, it is too many) I weighed 198.8 lbs.

I can’t believe I’m am actually going to post this. I have never shared these numbers publicly and only a couple people have heard them before this.

Congrats that’s wonderful you have made wonderful changes good for you. Working out will also help your numbers I know they did so for me. Good luck on the rest you want to loose. Hugs

Petal

SF dreamer
Staff member
Safety & Support
SF Supporter

I am soooo proud of you for sharing what you just shared, you must feel a million dollars, I know I can follow your footsteps and be where you are, just need two things, self control and patience and I guess some knowledge on wholesome nutritious foods :) I REALLY am so proud and happy for you, you give us all that hope we desperately need to win this battle against and with ourselves. 131 lbs is frigging amazing. You already know what I think of you so will leave it at that :) You f*cking rock. 131 lbs, just wow. If there were prizes for this you'd be on the top of the list :) You have shared a lot with me in private messages and I am grateful for your knowledge and support :) Thank you so much for posting here. Keep it up, may I ask, what is your target weight and do you have a target month?

Kolisar

SF Supporter
may I ask, what is your target weight and do you have a target month?
I am not sure. I spoke with my doctor recently (as you know). I originally wanted 150 lbs as my target weight, but I also read that your waist should be less than 1/2 your height. I am 5'7", or 67", so I am targeting 32 inches for my waist. My doctor said that 180 may be a good target, but it will all depend on what I look like. I do not want to look sickly thin, but being slightly thin would be nice for a change. So, of I go with 150, I am targeting July or August, knowing that the last X lbs take longer than the first.

I am not looking at this as a diet, but more of a lifestyle change. I want to make sure that I will be able to maintain my final weight, and a diet will not allow me to do that, but a lifestyle change will.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$480.00
Goal
$255.00