2018 official weigh-in thread

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I agree that a lifestyle change is a much better outlook than a diet. I hope you get to where you want to be health wise and looks wise. Keep us updated, you can be our role model :)

I am also looking at this as a lifestyle change and a change of old habits. I was craving chocolate so bad last night but did not want ''empty calories'' so I ate a high fibre chocolate flavoured bar.

Thanks for your expertise :)

Kira

•✮• SF Gelfling •✮•
SF Creative
SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I am not looking at this as a diet, but more of a lifestyle change. I want to make sure that I will be able to maintain my final weight, and a diet will not allow me to do that, but a lifestyle change will.
Spot on Kolisar! You are a living testimony to that!! That's why fad diets don't work. Losing weight quickly usually ends up getting regained plus extra. We need something sustainable which takes time.

All good things come with time... we didn't gain the weight overnight so we won't lose it overnight either. Sorry for the cliques everyone but most of them are true when it comes to weight loss ;)

P.S. My new eating plan starts at the beginning of March. I'll be settled into my new home with a new stove/oven and more bench space. Plus I'll be able to start going back to the swimming pool. I know my body and it needs some kind of exercise to lose weight. Good luck to everyone! :) ox

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Spot on Kolisar! You are a living testimony to that!! That's why fad diets don't work. Losing weight quickly usually ends up getting regained plus extra. We need something sustainable which takes time.

All good things come with time... we didn't gain the weight overnight so we won't lose it overnight either. Sorry for the cliques everyone but most of them are true when it comes to weight loss ;)

P.S. My new eating plan starts at the beginning of March. I'll be settled into my new home with a new stove/oven and more bench space. Plus I'll be able to start going back to the swimming pool. I know my body and it needs some kind of exercise to lose weight. Good luck to everyone! :) ox
Hi Kira, you are absolutely correct when you say we didn't gain it overnight so we won't lose it overnight. I am starting the gym in March, definitely - have already paid for it.
Do you have much to lose Kira? Are you going to join in on this thread in March?
Hope you settle into your new home with comfort and a clear mind for a fresh start.
You are amazing Kira, we adore you here, you're an angel <3 yes im speaking for everyone lol

Kira

•✮• SF Gelfling •✮•
SF Creative
SF Artist
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Do you have much to lose Kira? Are you going to join in on this thread in March?
Yes, I do have a lot to lose. I'm at the heaviest I've ever been and it's just getting too hard. (I'll tell you how much I need to lose in your other thread. I'm not ready to go "public" with my weight yet! Lol)
Also, I will join this thread in March. I'll try and make myself accountable! Thanks for your love Lynnie! Hugs and kisses to you! ox

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I'll tell you how much I need to lose in your other thread. I'm not ready to go "public" with my weight yet! Lol)
Totally understand, I know it can feel embarrassing, I was embarrassed sharing mine but I just bit the bullet and want to look back on this thread in X amount of months to see how far I have come. You don't have to share anywhere if you're not comfortable hun. We/ I understand completely :) ((hugs))

Yay for you joining us in March, this is exciting. This is going to be OUR year to turns things around and be less embarrassed by our weight, we have the strength to do this, no turning back now :) Never say never, I will fight this until I defeat this, its only a tiny part of who I am but feels much larger (pardon the pun lol) It IS inside what counts but we have to do this for our health too :)

You are welcome sweet Kira, you rock :) And your glowing personality is more beautiful than any weight loss :) huggles x

Kolisar

SF Supporter
Yes, I do have a lot to lose. I'm at the heaviest I've ever been and it's just getting too hard
It is difficult, but you can do it. @Kira , if I can help in any way, please let me know. PM me, or whatever you need. I will do whatever I can to help you be successful; I know you can do it.

Kolisar

SF Supporter
Thank you so much. You have helped me so much to stay on track, thank you from the bottom of my heart :)
You are very welcome. You know I absolutely adore you and am very glad that I have been able to help you. And we will both get to our goals together.

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hmmm up 3 lbs this week 21.4, did take 2 days of my diet though, cos i had days out that explains it. I will try harder this coming week. Please don't be disappointed, I am back on track today though :)

Kolisar

SF Supporter
@Petal , that happens. On 11, November I gained 2 lbs and on 6, Jan I gained 1.5 lbs, and I didn't stray from my diet. No one is disappointed with you, and you should not be disappointed in your self. We are just people, and our bodies are complicated and sometimes do unexpected things. Like the examples I provided above, sometimes you can gain weight even though you strictly adhere to the diet.

Dont' beat yourself up over this. You are back on track today, and that is how to approach this. You can't change what has already happened, and we will support you no matter what. I am still proud of you and your progress.

Sassy Cat

SF hugger
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I actually am down this week but the past two days I have been up but I am still down your weight will fluctuate so don’t be hard on yourself. Hugs it’s always a battle and I know for me it always will be. Hugs

Citizen Insane

Emote Encyclopedia
Safety & Support
SF Author
SF Supporter
In January I was: 105,4 kg - now I've reached the magical "sub <100" goal I first had in mind, I'm as of today 99,6 kg :o Got a long way to go, but I'm glad I can do fitness without anxiety/headaches ^__^ .

Fitness 4 times a week since February is the biggest factor in my weight loss - I wrote about that in the other thread: https://www.suicideforum.com/commun...-at-a-healthy-rate.143734/page-3#post-1646153

Next "goal" is like 95 kg, then I would think I will really notice the loss in my body and face ... Oh yeah I gained a bit again last weekend (party), but that only makes me go to the fitness even more :o

Petal

~*Mod Extraordinaire*~
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
This is for anyone trying to lose weight and for those who can help and aid us to lose the weight.

Okay 1kg lighter than when I started the 2017 diet thread. I have faith that I can do it this year and this will be my year for success.

Okay so... 21.6lbs (137kg) (302lbs)
2 months later...

I got my doctor to weigh me today and she is going to monitor my progress every few weeks, I am now 21.12 (306 lbs)stone. Obviously not happy with that but not pissed off either, I gained the weight and I have every belief I can lose it. I have m.o.t.i.v.a.t.i.on :) Logging every thing I eat whilst allowing myself treats too. My nurse wants me to lose a stone (14lbs)by the 30th April. I think that is do-able :)

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00