????????????????

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by LetItGo, Aug 4, 2007.

1. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

Looking at jobs in the paper, and i dont know what to do. Not qualified to scratch myself quite honestly, only sales, customer service, some admin. All low paying shit jobs. I know im going to have to do something like that for a while, 12 months or something to accumulate some money but then what?

Gonna do that shit for next 30 years? Id rather top myself now then face that. I have no idea what i want to do with the rest of my life, presuming i actually want to go on at all. Sometimes i think ill do a web development degree, well paid, allows me to travel and move around, but then I realize i dont really have that kind of mindset...sometimes i think ill do environmental science, cause im a bit of a greenie, and its an exciting time in that area, but then i realize its just a passing interest.

There the only 2 things, out of thousands of options, that i can even think of.

Then theres finding the money to do these things...I already owe a fortune, living of welfare and credit for the last 6 months. Should declare bankruptcy, but then im stuffed for the next 7 years. Fortunately mummy dearest will bail my pathetic little arse out to some degree when she gets her superannuation (some of the debt is hers admittedly)

I have no passions, I have no interests, Im just a shell of a person. Everything bores me, even games bore me to tears, and that was something i could always rely on to waste a few hours.

Even if by some miracle i find something that can occupy my mind for any length of time, it still all comes back to people. Im such a fucking lost cause nobody would ever have any serious interest in me...lets be honest.
    Ive got absolutely nothing to offer, blah blah, get the violins out.

What a fuck up. What a pathetic little fuck up. Such a wasted life

Dont even think i want to talk to people anymore, its fucking embarrassing to go on breathing.

If i had any honour at all I would take the honourable way out. The planets already overpopulated, people like me should be deleted.

Ya I posted shit again, shoot me if you like, i really dont give a fuck.

2. Blackness

Blackness Guest

I know looking into the future is daunting. I'm in uni and still have no idea what to do. I'm doing a generic degree and it's just crap. It's too hard to decide what one should do forever. But I guess we could always skip jobs. You're better off to be applying for some jobs, start off small, it's better than nothing.

3. expressive_child

expressive_child Well-Known Member

I am in a similar predicament I guess. I am about to lose my job end of the month and with my spinal condition and little experience I am really not sure if I can get a job soon. I will be extremely depressed if I have to stay at home seeing my folks and shit. Dammit.

Anyway, there must be at least one thing you like to do, just anything cos I think if you have at least just one thing, then you can find something you can do with it. Anything? I am sure you have, even if its just listening to music or drawing?

4. LetItGo

LetItGo Staff Alumni

There really isnt tbh, the only thing that gives me any pleasure atm is going to the gym...thats it. I cant draw, going to take up guitar to jam with a mate of mine, but theres no career there for me...just a bit of fun.

Im sorry about my original post, whiney and self centred as per, sorry about the language as well, no need for it. Need to snap out of it permanently. Just the next few weeks are critical and i dont know whats going to happen, some packing going on today which has brought it all home a bit.

5. Terry

Terry Antiquities Friend Staff Alumni

:hug:

Matt, the next few weeks are gonna freak you out a fair bit. Take small steps to get things done. Any old job will take some of the fright out of it..for now at least. You can worry about finding something better later on, right now you just need to feel self sufficient.
    Try not to let it all overwhelm you, you know I went thru soemthing similar and the fear was so awful I could barely function. I haven't really got it all sorted yet either, but am taking it a day at a time.
    MSN me anytime if you start freaking out :hug:

6. Isa

Isa Well-Known Member

Your interested in web development so why dont you use the money from your low-rend job (when you get it) ( and after paying bills n stuff ) to start your own site. Maybe a support forum, or an environment related site, mixing your towo 'passing interests' maybe you can find a way for them to generate a tiny income which might get you to stick to it, and then it becomes huge and you buy all of our souls.