Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by Auerbach, Jan 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Auerbach

Auerbach Well-Known Member

I recently turned 27 and I feel I am in a crisis. I am still in school full time but I am currently not working. I started college really late which is why I still don't have my degree yet. I do have my Associates degree but I have about a year or more before I get my Bachelors degree. I don't even know what I want to do as a career. I am majoring in Psychology because it interests me and I did well in all my Psychology classes, but I don't want to do anything with that degree. I don't think I want to get my Masters in Psychology nor do I want to be a psychologist or even counselor because I can't even help myself.

I have been unemployed since the summer after i got fired from my job. I've always had a hard time keeping jobs. I would bounce around from job to job but never really settled with anything permanent. I am tired of all these dead end part time jobs, I feel I am too old for this. It makes me feel like such a loser. On average I keep a job from 3 to 6 months before I lose it. The longest job I ever had was close to a year and that was a long time ago. I feel so discouraged. I have a lot of problems with depression, anxiety, and mood swings, not to mention pretty bad social anxiety and zero self esteem and self worth.

Now that I am pushing 30 I feel like such a fuck up, I am so embarrassed and ashamed of myself. Holding down a job was always my greatest flaw. With school I am usually good, though I did miss a couple of semesters which set me back more than I already am lagging behind. The Spring semester starts in two weeks and I really want to finish up this year and a half so that I can finally have my degree, but I still feel like a fuck up. I feel so discouraged with little self worth. I brought this on myself I feel, my fuck ups, I don't have anyone to blame but myself. It makes me feel like giving up on life.

2. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Youre not a screw up. Youre successfully completing courses towards a bachelors. Its normal for people to switch majors. I changed mine 4x before settling on psych major and I hate how my job is limited because I refuse to go back to school for a masters.

Having a job youre not into its hard to hold down those jobs but once you find that job that you enjoy doing the past of holding down jobs will just be a distant memory.

3. Auerbach

Auerbach Well-Known Member

Thanks drowned.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.