28 year old male struggling

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by Dunbar, Oct 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dunbar

Dunbar Active Member

Hi, i used to self harm in my early twenties when i was having some serious anxiety and depression issues but now its all coming back.

I would like to get help for this but i feel so weird about it, like a 28 year old male shouldnt be doing this (I know i may be stereotyping, and i dont mean to cause offense). It just makes me feel so immature. I feel like I cant go to anyonee without being labelled an emo kid or something like that, like someone my age should know better and be able to deal better. It actually makes it worse and i do think of suicide. Im so ashamed of myself, things are just getting really bad and im stuck in this person. I want to start again with a new life, new body, new mind but whats the point in even thinking about something that cannot happen. Change myself? Im trying

Sorry for the rambling, i just feel stuck without a way out

2. midnightstar

midnightstar Senior Member

Are you seeking professional help? We're here to help you by listening and my inbox is always open if you need to talk about anything that's going through your head :hug:

3. Dunbar

Dunbar Active Member

Thanks for your reply =]

A couple of weeks ago i tried to talk with my GP but I had difficulty telling him anything. He told me to book an appointment with a counsellor, which I havent yet had the bottle to do. I dont even know if there would be anything to help me. The last time I saw a counsellor it didnt help in the slightest and i managed to help myself (with the help of a special person). I still plan to go sometime and i will write the essay of things that i believe are the cause of my distress so that i can maybe get out what i need to say, though im sure it will be regretted 5 mins after i walk out their office.

I have little hope anymore tbh, you ever feel like life is slipping through your fingertips? Like trying to grab water. You can try your hardest but somethings just cant be done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.