3 days and counting

Discussion in 'Self Harm & Substance Abuse' started by poisonedresistance, Aug 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poisonedresistance

poisonedresistance Well-Known Member

Ok,,, so ive been trying to not S/h for a few days,, mad it to 3 days so far,, didn't realize it was going to be so hard to stop again,, more addictive than smoking and i wished id never started that up again.

things happen and its the first thing i think about.

nightmares wake me and I want to do it

its silly,,, but,,,, I am trying

Any advice?
  2. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Keep yourself, especially your hands busy...do things to pass the time w/out having to focus...explore strategies for coping with discomfort/anxiety such as journalling, telling friends you may count on them more, talking to someone re your feelings...prepare to be tested...making these kinds of changes are both brave and unnerving...and so proud you are doing this
  3. me myself and i

me myself and i Account Closed

Yes, i have advice.

Keep it up and big hugs.
    You are doing great.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 23, 2011
  4. grinded serenity

grinded serenity Well-Known Member

Stay distracted. I can't tell you how important it is, stay distracted. Doing anything, movies, games, books, friends, walks, ANYTHING. The key is to not let yourself think about it, I know that right now you can't help it, and that most of your thoughts end there, but you need to keep moving the subjects around in your head.
  5. poisonedresistance

Thanks guys,,, i used chewing gum when i quit smoking, guess it isnt the same though.
    its like every thought revolves around it,,, before when i was it was triggered by specifics, now its anything, even if the kittens missed the litter tray ffs,, how sad is that!!!

I hope these urges pass soon,, my method is dangerous,, I need to stop
  6. grinded serenity

grinded serenity Well-Known Member

Abjure - I've been reading your posts. Seems like your really in the pit.

I'm going to tell you it'll get better, I don't want to, it sounds cliche. But it's true. But before it does, it's going to get bad.

If you need somebody to talk to, I'm there. Just send me a message.
  7. kizzybaby

kizzybaby Well-Known Member

When those horrible moments of urge come, tell yourself that if things still feel so bad in the morning, you can cut then. A sleep, and time for the urge to pass gives you an oppertunity to see things in a less desperate light. Look at the reasons why you want to self harm so badly, and realise that even if you cut...afterwards you wont have made those things go away. Nothing will have changed, you wont have made it better. Things will still be the same, but you will have a cut on top of it. Be strong, keep going. If you want it, you CAN do this. xxx
  8. poisonedresistance

thank you grinded serenity and kizzybaby,

I really needed to hear those things this morning,, Gawd its so hard right now.
    Cant believe one person can turn me into such a fucking jibbering wreck.
    I was so mad, i could have took it all so much further(verbally with this person) but i stood and took it,,, not cuz i wanted to but because i knew they were frustrated and needed to vent.

there was a time when I was convinced I had no empathy, truth of the matter is its there and its so deeply layered and structured that it ive turned it into an automatic reaction, often to the detriment of my own well being.

i sat on my bed when i got in and was soooo beyond tempted it was unreal. i even went in there and set it all up 4 times

But im doing this for me, and only me,,, fuck anyone else. that way If i fail iv only got myself to blame.

its silly, its a stupid argument,,,,,,, but the thing is,I know i could have verbally ran this person through the mud and back, i could have torn them to literal shreds.

Believe me there wont be a next time.

sorry for the little rant,,, but it meant so much to hear the words of encouragement this morning, you have really helped me from doing somthing id regret,

so thankyou:biggrin:
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 24, 2011
  9. peacelovingguy

peacelovingguy Well-Known Member

Learn some reflexology.

Certain points on the the body you can apply a lot of pressure on - it can hurt on some but does not any actual harm - in fact it does good.

I got taught a few pressure points on the feet - there's a spot in the centre of the foot sole - there will be charts on this stuff - but its very painful IF you apply max pressure in just the right spot - but makes you feel better - less stressful - far less likely to cut or otherwise self harm.

good luck!

worth a go - no?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.