3 strikes your out

Discussion in 'After Effects' started by reborn1961, Apr 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. reborn1961

reborn1961 Guest

I attempted an overdose for the third time in 6 years. This last one landed me in the hospital for 4 days which is not too bad. Last July landed me for 3 weeks. Personally I have found that overdosing is just not reliable so I think I will put that method to rest.

I hope anyone that has or is considering overdosing, re-examine what you are doing. It has a low success rate from what I read on this site, on the web and my own experience. I will say that after each attempt I do seem to do better for a few weeks before the depression overtakes me again.

It would be nice if I could find a way to feel better without such drastic moves. It only took me about 2-3 days to feel the drugs leave me. I suspect I have done some liver damage with these overdoses.

Good luck to all suffering from attempts and those considering them. I hope you are able to find another road to follow that will keep you alive.

2. Robin

Robin Guest

Hi mem, saw your post and felt the need to respond. I know you have suffered far more than your fair share and I know you have had to take two steps back on this never ending ride of life but I think you did the right thing. It seems now you have time to collect your thoughts and move forward even if it is at a snails pace to begin with. I believe in you and your strength to overcome your hurdles, you have conquered so much but struggle in the war for all the battles you are forced to face but I don't believe for one second that you were destined to fail, you have an inner strength that has kept you alive so far and I have no doubts that it will continue to do so in the coming battles. If you ever need a friend, just drop me a pm,
    Love,
    Your Friend
    :hug:

3. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

I agree with all that Robin had to say reborn. You are a wonderful person and I think you are so strong and courageous even if you have had these setbacks. please continue to step forward as you can. Eventually the forward steps will outdistance the backwards ones.Thinking of you. :hug:

4. pit

pit Well-Known Member

I'm glad you're alive. Hopefully you can find a support group or therapist that's beneficial to you.

In my expercience, support groups have been very helpful.

5. blade

blade Well-Known Member

yes ! i agree with al of u's here.u do seem a wonderful girl hun and a courageous one. have a belief in ur self and u will pass on without things bothering u.

and im glad ur alive. take care lovey.
    nic
    xox:tongue:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.