3 years of depression and going strong

Discussion in 'Rants, Musings and Ideas' started by shrugged, Mar 28, 2010.

1. shrugged

shrugged Member

Its been a while since I was last here. I stopped my meds again. Every time that happens I become sad and angry. I realize that the only thing that keeps me from all that sadness and anger is NOT happiness, it is NOT friends or family. It is NOT that I have a great passion I live for. Its NOT even for my own damn self. It is that little pill I take every morning. Thats just sad really. :blub:
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I think having a pill that can make you well is to be looked at as a happy thing just like insulin keeps a diabetic stable. Blood pressure meds keeps a pt from having a heart attack all kinds of pills are out there keeping people well. I am happy i have a medication to keep my levels correct in my brain so i can live a productive life. Look at the aids pts they live on several meds just to keep them well. It is how we look at things i guess. I am happy for that little pill everyday i never used to be i fought the idea for so long but now understand it is keeping me alive. take care okay go back on your med and be happy again for you and your family
  3. SuicideIsTheWrongOption

SuicideIsTheWrongOption Well-Known Member

that' how life is. It's what you make of it. This pill gives you a chance to interact with others, find meaning in your life, like friends and family, and eventually find happiness through them.

basically, i see pills to be a booster. When you're down on your luck, they help you get back on your feet, and once you're back on your feet, you won't need the pills anymore.

So use the pills, and get out there and do what you think will bring you happiness.
  4. silent_enigma

silent_enigma Well-Known Member

A pill that works for you???? Lucky!