30 day water challenge

Discussion in 'Self Care and Healthy Lifestyles' started by Petal, Jan 24, 2016.

1. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Let's all drink 8 glasses of water a day for a month? You don't have to cut out the fizzy drinks etc... just drink 8 glasses (2 litres) of water a day! Our bodies will feel better and our kidneys will love us for it lol. Just a simple challenge to get us healthier and we will feel fuller. And, let's discuss here how we are feeling and doing. I think it's a simple idea to get us healthier. Who is in??

Me first!! lol

2. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Petal, I drink five litre of water a day in order to maintain a healthy lifestyle. The only issue you get is you visit the toilet a lot. Keep up the healthy vibe. Respect.

3 people like this.
  3. Moat

Moat Banned Member

Water is perhaps the healthiest thing you can ever put in your body (we literally are made of it and live off it) bu you have to be careful not to drink too much water as you can get what is known as hyponatremia, or 'water intoxication' (that is when the amount of water you drink far exceeds what your kidneys can process can expunge from your body). Although admittedly, it is not common, it is known to happen to a lot of sporting athletes and people with kidney problems, so anyone with any kind of medical condition that affects your kidneys should really check with their GP or nutritionist to find out the safest amount of water and other liquids their body is able to handle.

That being said, eight glasses... is that in the form of schooners, shot glasses? Or just guzzle it right from one of the many jugs I keep in the fridge? :p

2 people like this.
  4. Petal

No...pour it out of the garden hose!!! :p

5. Freya

Freya Loves SF Staff Member ADMIN

I need to do this. I rarely even reach one litre of water a day! I will attempt to increase my water intake - and hope it makes my kidneys stop hurting :/

6. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Thank you the advice. I will bear that in mind.

7. Moat

Moat Banned Member

I did that only once, when I was a kid... sister snuck up behind me, scaring me and and ended up wetting my pants (from the hose)

8. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I think I already reach the 8 glasses a day goal, but I should cut out coffee and other caffeinated drinks. I am sure that will help me a lot in the long run.

9. Moat

Moat Banned Member

I think Witty_Sarcasm might have something there; instead of just drinking 8 glasses of water a day, how about we expand that so as well as drinking 8 glasses of water each day, we each all try and cut down on the amount of caffeine and sugar we have as well?

10. Freya

I am sucking at this challenge! Drinking more water makes me feel sick (and by water I mean liquid) - how do I get around that? I manage maybe 1 litre a day and when I try to force more I feel nauseated.

11. Petal

My last post I posted on this thread is gone, must have got lost in migration. I am managing a litre a day, which is very good for me as I hate drinking water, I am doing better than what I expected. :)

12. Moat

Moat Banned Member

What type of water, Freya? Ordinary tap water or bottled? If it is tap, then it could be caused by contamination of your local water supply, bacteria that live and thrive in the pipes, in the sink, glasses/cups/mugs/bottles not being cleaned properly or could be caused by an overactive pancreas (which manufactures enzymes to aide in the digestion of foods in the small intestines).

13. Freya

Bottled, tap - either - its like my tummy doesn't like having a lot of water in it. I have had the issue ever since I was young and my mother used to get stressed and tell me I would get kidney failure if I didn't drink more.

14. Moat

Moat Banned Member

Have you tried to sweeten it with a tad bit of honey? Even a quarter of a teaspoon would be more than enough, that is what my foster dad used to do for me when i was very young and could not drink water without it making me feel nauseous.