30 Second Therapy

Discussion in 'Suicidal Thoughts and Feelings' started by setekh, Jan 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. setekh

setekh Member

Here's everything you're going to hear in therapy, minus all the bullshit:

Life is crap. When the pain you feel because of it becomes so bad you can no longer function, you should take drugs that will numb your senses so that you can go on functioning. Why it's important to go on functioning is never explained, however.

That's all there is to it. Keep that in mind and you will save the many thousands of dollars and many hundreds of hours you would otherwise have to spend in therapy in order to get the exact same message.
  2. blendersick

blendersick Member

oh yeah i agree with you, therapy sucks, psychology doesnt really work, you just have to let it all out and ┬┤youll feel beter┬┤ but its like hiding everything beneath a rug, the problem is still there and it wont go away
  3. dazzle11215

dazzle11215 Staff Alumni

Here's the 30 second version of what I learned in therapy:

You are not to blame. You are forgiven. You did what you had to do in order to survive. Your brain will play tricks on you, tell you it's better to die than feel this pain one more day. Don't listen. Don't panic. Just breathe.

It's kept me going this far, 25 years since my first suicide attempt. Sometimes I forget, and sometimes I don't want to remember these first lessons, 'cos I think I know better, or it doesn't apply to me anymore... Sometimes I just have to get back to these basic lessons.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.