302 threat

Discussion in 'I Have a Question...' started by anon1089, Nov 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anon1089

anon1089 New Member

I am not sure if this is in the right place or not. Last month after a suicide intent ER visit, I was given the threat of either being 302 (invol. commitment) or signing myself in voluntary to the hospital. I of course chose to sign myself in. My question is however, what will potential employers and the such be able to see about the situation if anything since I signed myself in?

2. Moat

Moat Banned Member

Sorry, but what do you mean, by potential employers? Do you mean when you go for future job interviews?
    If that is the case, depending on where you are (state and country, as each have different laws concerning confidential medical information) most often, if you are a voluntary patient, then it should not reflect at all on your chances of going for and getting a job.
    The only time I see that actually being something of a problem is if you choose to apply to join the armed forces or police force and, I would think, the fire department.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2012
  3. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

Yeah, like Leif said. Hard to comment much when not knowing where you are in the world, but in the U.S. there are HIPPA laws that would not allow any information release. The only jobs I could imagine that might check that deep would be in obtaining a high level security clearance for being an FBI agent, or the like. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.